May 13, 2016
Things to KNOW
- 5/16 - Amethyst Team to Boston - 7am to 6pm
- 5/16 - 7th Grade Concert - 7pm
- 5/16 - Emerald Team to Hall HS - 8:45 to 11:45am
- 5/17 - Garnet Team to Boston - 7am to 6pm
- 5/17 - Amethyst Team to Hall HS - 8:45 to 11:45am
- 5/18 - 6th Grade Concert - 7pm
- 5/19 - Emerald Team to Boston - 7am to 6pm
- 5/19 - Beau Strings performing prior to Inter-El Concert at Bushnell - 6:45pm
- 5/20 - Author Program, Lynda Mullaly Hunt - 6th Grade - 2pm
Lead Learner Highlights
Please check the calendar as we have a number of field trips and events happening in the next few weeks. We look forward to seeing you!
Thank you to everyone who made international night a success. Click on the video below to learn more.
Thank you Parents/Caregivers
- We want to thank you for responding to our school survey. We made our district goal for participation and will share the data analysis in the next couple of weeks.
- We also want to say thank you to every parent/caregiver who nominated a teacher for the United States Department of Education recognition effort that was promoted in our KP Connection. As a result, 3 of our teachers received personal phone calls from a US Department of Education employee and several received emails identifying why they were nominated. To know our families are willing to take the time to share how a teacher has shaped the life of a child or made an impact to support family partnership has made a number of KP teachers feel valued and supported.
King Philip Art Show
You are cordially invited to the King Philip Art Show!
The show will run from May 20 - May 31, 2016
Opening reception Monday, May 23, from 6-7 pm
Each student will have a piece of work in the show.
You may also view the show during the school day, (please sign in
at the security desk at the front of the school before viewing. Thanks)
Hope you can make a point to see your child’s talent shine!
Students in Action
Thirty Diamond Team students used community service to support inter-generational connections and our KP community engagement Big Rock by painting pots and planting seeds that were delivered to residents of St. Mary's Home in West Hartford. Thank you to team teacher, Liz D'Attilio, for working with Home Depot and working with students during their morning advisory time to provide an opportunity for students to practice/demonstrate citizenship within and outside of KPs walls.
Student Project Requests
Fundraiser for Ovarian Cancer
Hi, I’m Mila and I’m in 8th grade. I started this fundraiser because my aunt was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. I remember the day my mom told me about it. It was terrifying. Imagine it, a person you grew up with, so healthy, but then on the edge of certain death. So right away I started researching. My mom connected me to the NOCC (National Ovarian Cancer Coalition) to cope with the news. When I found the site, I learned so many facts about it, and some of the side effects many women experience when they have it. Then as I read all of them it hit me many woman have these pain and they don't know they have Ovarian Cancer.
Please help this cause because Ovarian cancer is a silent killer, and with your help, we can bring attention to it.
Days I'll be collecting:
May 16 7th grade concert
May 18 6th grade concert