Somerset ES Staff Bulletin
Week of February 15th
“Wherever there is a human in need, there is an opportunity for kindness and to make a difference.” —Kevin Heath
Events This Week
Maureen and Brooke out AM (MSA Science Training)
9:00-9:45 Grade 5 Data Chat
12:30-1:15 Grade 3 Data Chat
2:00-2:30 Pennies for Patients Assembly (3rd-5th)
2:40-3:10 Pennies for Patients Assembly (K-2nd)
Kelly out (A&S Meeting)
7:45-8:30 AM Grade 5 Family Life Meeting
IEP/EMT -- Coverage
9:30 Yi -- Lambert-Williamson
10:30 Private School - Non
1:30 Woods -- Andreassi
2:30 Berlin -- T. Truppner
9:15-10:30 Core Team Meeting
Celebrate Kindness Week
Somerset SHINES with Kindness -- Wear Bright Colors
Being kind WARMS our hearts -- Wear PJs
Somerset students SPORT kind attitudes every day -- Wear Sports Gear
Somerset LOVES being kind -- Wear Pink/Red
Monday (2/22) - 9:40-1:15 Grade 5 Field Trip & 3:45-4:45 PM Staff Meeting
Friday (2/26) - Reptiles Alive Assembly for K & Early Release Day
- Michelle for all her hard work in helping Kelly and Maureen prepare for their mid-year SIP meeting.
- Brooke for all her hard work getting ready for Data Chats.
- Susan for covering the office solo this week and managing both jobs with a smile on her face!
- Michelle for helping with extra coverage on Thursday.
- Naina, HeeJung and Brooke for all their patience with WIDA testing.
- Brooke for organizing the 100 things we love about Somerset activity.
- Kathryn for all her help with dismissal every day!
- Building Services for all their hard work cleaning our building after the Valentine's Day festivities.
Announcements and Important Information
WIDA testing continues next week as well, we appreciate your patience!
If you are in an observation year, the second round of formal observations will begin in February and continue through April. They will occur during reading or math, and will be unannounced. Please see Kelly or Maureen with any questions or concerns.
As a reminder, February is Black History Month.
- Class photos have been rescheduled for 2/18 & 2/19, we will keep the same schedule. See Susan with any questions!
- As you get new students, please remember to turn in an updated Who Goes Where to Susan.
- Remember to use COPY PLUS! http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/copyplus/