Progress Reports: May 3rd
Ms. Perez and Ms. Jannet will be meeting with students and parents/guardians of those failing one or multiple classes, or are behind on Edmentum courses.
Time: Seniors must attend practice at 11:30 AM. They must report back on campus at 6pm to get everyone lined up and ready to go. We will all meet on the SLHS campus. The ceremony will begin at 7pm. It is a first come, first serve for family members/friends. Make they get to the LHS football field early to get a seat. Seniors will be given 4 tickets for immediate family members to be able to have a chair on the lawn. The rest will have to find a seat on the bleachers
Mental Health Awareness Month
We will be honoring Mental Health Awareness Month the week of May 8th-12th with the following LUNCH activities:
- Friday: May 5th AKA Cinco de MAYO! Make your tie dye shirt. (Please bring a white 100% cotton shirt. If you would like to participate in this activity, but can't bring a shirt, let Ms. Perez or Ms. Jannet know no later than Wednesday).
- Monday, May 8th: Work on an appropriate art piece that relates to mental health
- Tuesday, May 9th: Wear your tie dye and represent!
- Wednesday, May 10th: Find your tea- There will be different tea options for students to sample. All the teas available have purposes: stress management, anxiety relief, and/or concentration. Each pitcher will be labeled with the tea flavor and its benefits.
- Thursday, May 11th: Redmeption, Volleyball game: Students vs. Staff
- Friday, May 12th: Showcase your artwork and enter it to win a prize! Students will go around all the art pieces submitted and vote for the most detailed piece that relates to mental health. Take your frustration, stress, anxiety away on the Piñata. What better way then to break a Piñata filled with goodies.
Students, watch these videos to know your signs when it comes to stress, anger, or anxiety. Learn what coping mechanisms work for other teens, you never know, it might work for you too!
Video for parents:
May 8th-12th: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 16th at 8:15 a.m.EL Meeting at our SLHS Campus
May 17th Bite of Reality
To continue with more detailed information about this activity, click here.
May 18th & 19th: Senior benchmark assessments in all core classes
May 19th: LHS Incoming Student Enrollment Meeting at 10 a.m.-11a.m. at LHS Cafeteria
May 29th: Memorial Day- No School
May 30th-June 2nd: Early Release Days
Last Day of School: June 2nd for Juniors and Seniors Not Graduating
Parents, please click here to sign up your child.