Snapshot - Home Learning Edition
Welcome to our CTS Snapshot - a weekly celebration update. We would like to continue to share the achievements of our students during this uncertain time. Each week we will include new ideas for student challenges to do at home, nominations of students who we are celebrating in each subject, and updates from the home learning team. If you have done a piece of work you are really proud of, or have completed one of our challenges and would like to share it in Snapshot next week, please email this to email@example.com with the title of the email being 'Snapshot', including a short description of your work, and we will choose a selection to share.
Gallery of Work:
- Year 8 student Floreen for a marvellous and compelling Gothic Story.
- Year 9 students Milana, Ben, Lexi, Grace, Louis, Kian, Lana and Wiktor for excellent persuasive speeches about why it's important to stay inside during this time.
- Year 9 student Thomas for an excellent live theatre review for Drama.
- Year 9 students Nikodem, Hallie, Julia, Josephus, Layla, Reese and Beth for good work on their Media assignment.
- Year 10 student Lukas for excellent effort in his A Christmas Carol exam response.
- Year 10 student Tamsyn for full marks on her Drama assessment.
- Year 9 student Joseph – first student to hand in assignment and good effort and understanding.
- Year 9 - Jenna, Jayme-Leigh and Adrian– read through their feedback for the assignment and made corrections to improve their score.
- Year 9 - Ben, Josephus and Emma- May – achieved 100% in their assignments.
- Also nominated is Carmen in Year 10 and Keira in Year 8 who are consistently completing their home learning each week to a high standard.
- Hallie 9E who wrote a brilliant answer for her assignment.
- Dawa 8CA who wrote a diary entry of a slave that showed a great knowledge of the time period.
- Thomas and Holly in Year 9 for excellent detailed responses on their Holocaust assignment in History.
- The following Year 9 students achieved 100% on their assessment or resubmitted their work to improve their marks, Gus, Lexi, Nikodem, Oliwier, Kyzer, Jenna, Daisy, Seth, Layla, Louis, Bethany, Ben and Adrian.
- Marshall Year 9 because in his answer when advising about a budget for travelling he said ‘This person should not be travelling as we are all in lockdown’ he did however go on to answer the question. This made the Humanities team smile.
- Daisy Year 9 for a good effort made on her assignment.
- Lukasz and Maja - Year 10 Sociology for outstanding work on their knowledge assessment this week. Both scored maximum marks on the assessment. Well done!
The following Year 8 students received 60/60 on their assignments, an amazing achievement!
Mr Reilly has nominated Year student Sunny, Carmen and Tamsyn as all three have spent a great deal of time on their assessment outlining the effect smartphones have on the current world. All the reports were well structured, detailed and shown a good level of knowledge and research.
- Science is extremely proud of the work done by Year 8 students Dylan and Issac for their home model of the solar system.
- Year 9 student Kian B exceled in all 3 separate science assignments and Brandon W, Aimee and Adelin scored 13/15 in their assignments.
- Year 10 student Carmen who achieved full marks in her Biology Assignment; Carmen and Sam C achieved full marks in the physics assignment.
- Year 8 students Ella C and Melissa for achieving 10/10 about properties of a variety of materials after day one of having the assignment.
- Year 10 students Patryk, Shaylan and Ana for achieving 15/15 out of a GCSE exam styled questions after day one of having the assignment.
Home Learning Nomination
Year 8 Science
Life Skills Challenge
Laundry – Do you know what all the laundry signs mean in your clothes? How about how to put on a wash? One day you will need to know. Your challenge this week is to put on a wash, hang it out to dry and iron (with supervision) any clothes that need ironing.
Inspired by Giuseppe Arcimboldo, create a face from any kind of food!
Some of our teachers have had a go at this this week – here’s some inspirations to start you off!
Take a virtual tour of a museum or art gallery. See the enrichment area of the CTS home learning website for more details.
April 13th – April 19th
Highest number of students taking quizzes – 7CO
Highest number of quizzes passed – 7CO
Highest number of words read – 7TA
Focus Feature - Humanities
Our Humanities team have been extremely busy over the last few weeks, Miss Buffini has been busy learning sign language and training for a charity run (in her garden) on May 9th. Mr Hall has worked on his distance learning. Mrs Hopkins has been keeping fit running and Mr Strumpher has sent the message below to his students.
The team are extremely pleased with the work students are completing during this difficult time and would like to encourage our school community to stay safe!
The March parent information pack from Amazing Apprenticeships is here:
It offers information and support for young people and parents who are considering an apprenticeship as their next step.