A Look Ahead to the Week
Snow Days Affect Schedule
In case you didn't noticed, we managed to not have a full day of school last week!! We have now missed about 7 days of school due to snow and this will affect our school calendar for the remainder of the year. When we find out final information about graduation and the end of school, we will share it with you.
Polar Bear Plunge
On Feb. 1st, a large group of students headed to Boonville to take part in the annual Polar Bear Plunge. It's a fundraiser to raise money for the Special Olympics. Check out the pics below.
HEROES Southwest Indiana Cook-Off
Congrats to the 4 students who went to the Cook-Off yesterday in Evansville. They competed against 7 other SW Indiana High Schools. Michael Smith, Samantha Meserve, Breanne Embry, and Morgan Embry competed and were judged by professional cooks along with Channel 45's Meteorologist Ron Rhodes (on the right of the pic).
Game of the Week
Below is a video from professional dancer, Mr. Ramsey. This week's winner is the person who best recreates this new dance craze and sends the video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Get creative and crazy!
Chrome Extension of the Week
This week's extension is Thesaurus. It's a quick extension to use when writing those long papers for Language Arts and when you need to use some different words from the English language. I used to call it useful, but now I call it 'utilitarian.' CLICK HERE for more info.
Calendar Reminders (and home sports events)
- NHS Match Form Sales throughout the week
- Grades 7-9 Health Surveys in homeroom
- Grades 10-12 Health Surveys in homeroom
- HS Boys Bball vs. Cloverport at 5:30pm
- Go Red Meetings: Spanish Club in auditorium, others TBA
- JH Wrestling vs. Pike Central at 5:00pm
- Washington DC Payments for 8th Graders in office at 8:00am
- Girls Varsity Bball Sectional vs. South Spencer at Forest Park
- Pep Session at 2:40pm
- JH Wrestling Duals at 8:00am
- Girls Varsity Bball Sectional Finals at Forest Park
- Band Pageant in Auditorium
Menu (February 10th-14th)
- Breakfast - Cinnamon toast with cereal, fruit
- Lunch - Chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese/veggies, fruit
- Breakfast - Waffles w/ syrup, sausage, fruit
- Lunch - Hamburger/Cheeseburger, french fries, tomatoes/lettuce, fruit
- Breakfast - Cheese omelet with bacon, toast, fruit
- Lunch - Turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, wheat bread, jell-o, fruit
- Breakfast - Breakfast pocket, cereal, fruit
- Lunch - Sub sandwich, lettuce, tomato, cauliflower/broccoli, chips, fruit
- Breakfast - Biscuits/gravy, hash browns, fruit
- Lunch - Hot dog/Chili dog, tater tots, carrot sticks, fruit