The OIS Tribune
March 2021 - Osceola Intermediate School
Safe - Respectful - Responsible
A Message From Mrs. Bender
- Reminder- ALL students will learn remotely on March 5th
As we continue to spread the joy of learning, TOGETHER we can spread the excitement of LUCK this month. Please continue to encourage your child(ren) to work hard and never give up!
"Luck is truly believing you are lucky!"
Remote Learning Day
OIS Families and Students,
We have practiced remote learning a handful of times here at school- preparing and providing everyone the opportunity to get a feel for learning while at home. Please remember that this format is still new to all of us. Staff will continue to make changes as needed. Please continue reading below for important additional information.
Winter FUN Day at OIS!
- March 19th- Trollhaugen (5th Grade)
- March 19th- Outdoor activities and more (4th Grade)
- March 19th- Outdoor FUN at the ARC (3rd Grade)
We look forward to spending this day with our students!
OIS Winter Book Fair - Rescheduled!
You can also order online! Click HERE and place your order.
Book Fair eWallet
Give your child a safe, cashless way to shop the in-school Book Fair, with contactless checkout. It's easy to create a free account and funds are available immediately. Plus, family and friends can now contribute, too!
- Any unspent funds get returned. No fees. No cash- just easy to purchase books!
- Click HERE to learn more!
Read to Feed at OIS
For more information and to donate online, please click HERE.
Summer School - June 2021
More information will be sent home with your child on March 4th!
- NEW this year- registration can be completed via paper or ONLINE!
- All information will be sent out on March 4th!
The dates of summer school 2021 are set for June 7th-30th! We look forward to a great summer of engaging learning and fun!
Remote Learning for Students in Quarantine
Our goal is to ensure all students stay on pace and are provided the best possible experience regardless of what environment they are in. OIS teachers are dedicated to your child regardless if they are here in person or at home (learning remotely because that is what works best for your family at this time OR in quarantine).
If your child needs to be in quarantine, please contact the OIS office as soon as possible so we can get them set-up in the correct Schoology course. Please click on the link below for further information.
The remote schedule will be in your child’s Schoology course.
We look forward to this learning opportunity and hope you find it valuable!
The March Family Challenge
The March family challenge is to complete a random act of kindness as a family!
By submitting this form your child will be entered to win this month's prize, which is a gift card to Thiel’s American Pie! Forms are due by March 22nd!
Fill out the form HERE!
- OIS Teacher Request Form
- Please fill out the form by March 31, 2021
Please note that we will do our best to honor requests, but priority will be given to creating equitable, balanced class lists. Please make sure all requests are submitted by the deadline of March 31, 2021.
Gavin Doyle - 3rd Grade
Ethan Corder - 4th Grade
Lana Greene - 5th Grade
2020-2021 School Compact
2020-21 Osceola Elementary and Intermediate School Compact
- To read the full compact, please click HERE
2021-2022 School Calendar
- March 1st-4th - 3rd & 5th grade are remote
- March 5th - Remote Learning Day/In-Service
- March 5th - Trimester 2 ends
- March 9th - Report cards go home
- March 14th - Daylight savings time begins
- March 15th-18th - Wellness Week
- March 19th - Outdoor Fun Day for all grade levels
- March 29th - April 2nd - No School - Spring Break
State testing is approaching...
- We are currently working on the OIS exam schedule- we need to complete the test during the required testing window, but also ensure students will not burn out or experience testing fatigue.
- We will be administering the Forward Exam in April