Friday, December 9, 2016
- Progress reports should have been sent home on Wednesday, December 7. If they have not been sent home, make sure to do so immediately. Future progress report dates FYI are: Wednesday, February 22 and Wednesday, May 10. All report card and progress report dates are located in the Teacher Handbook on page 70.
- Hat Day and Jean Day will be on Wednesday, December 15. Staff members can wear jeans for $2.00 and hats (for staff and students) for $1.00. All money will benefit M.O.V.E. (Men of Vision and Excellence).
- ELA/Math/8th Science: Rosters will be placed in your boxes. Mr. Smith will need for you to select blue (will pass the EOG), yellow (pass the EOG with interventions), red (long shot for passing the EOG). I need this by Friday.
We spoke in PLC meetings a few weeks back and shared the document that houses resources for MTSS strategies. Please complete this google form to indicate which meeting you were present and acknowledge the fact that it was shared with you. We need this completed by end of school Monday, December 12th.MTSS Standard Protocol
Writing assessments are to be completed and graded by December 21st. The google sheet has been shared with ELA teachers. Share writing rubrics with students before they begin writing. Common assessments should be completed by December 21st as well.
- 10 Essentials should be evident in every lesson
- Standards and Essential Questions should be posted
- Don't forget to complete your PLC notes weekly and share them with J.Williams and T.Snell
- GLS/UPS(UnPacking Standards) notes should be completed and shared with J.Williams WEEKLY
MEDIA CENTER HAPPENINGS
- If you have items you would like included in the next issue of our printed school newsletter, please email them to Ruth Ann Harris. The Nov/Dec issue will go out before Christmas break.
- There are 6 chromebooks that will remain in the Media Center for daily checkout. Electives teachers, or others who need them may check them out (they are barcoded) and use them for the day with your students. Please return at the end of the day for recharging.
- Kirby Books has left a display with many great gift ideas for Christmas. Come by the Media Center and take a look. He will pick up/deliver on Dec. 14th.
- Please try to hold students accountable for any overdue books they may have. The longer a book is overdue, the more likely it is to be lost. A Media Center isn’t near as much fun without its books!
- If you have an extra clipboard or two please see Mrs. Macy in room 610.
- Please support our students by attending their winter concerts. The Chorus concert will be held on Thursday, December 15 at 7:00 pm.
- The dental van will be back on Thursday, December 15 to see students who were not able to been seen due to the 2 hour delay.
- The second quarter benchmark window will be from January 9-18. Please note this on your calendar and plan accordingly. We will most likely follow the same sequence of testing as the first quarter benchmark
- Please remember to help the Student Support Services Department and Project P.I.N.K. to put a little Christmas Cheer under the tree of some of our Spring Hill children this year. Our Christmas tree is located outside the front office. It will have ornaments with the item that can be selected. Please include the ornament with the item that was purchased upon return. Items do not need to be wrapped. All items must be returned by Monday, December 19, 2016.
- To sign up for basketball duty, please go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4eaea829abf94-201620171
Spring Hill Middle School’s Future Business Leader’s of America (FBLA) are now collecting:
- Word Search Books
- Crossword Puzzle Books
- Sudoku Puzzle Books
- Word Find Books
- Logic Puzzle Books
- Adult Coloring Books
Items will be donated to the Residents at Prestwick Village. Club members along with club advisor, Lisa Ellis, will deliver items to Prestwick on Monday, December 19. Collection boxes have been placed in the Office Break Room, the Library and in Room 200 on the Elective Hallway. We would like to encourage all Staff and Students to participate. Please see Mrs. Ellis in room 200 if you have questions or need additional information.
- Word Search Books
Tuesday, December 13- 7th Grade Christmas Refreshments; Dr. Burris at all PLCs in Media Center; 7th & 8th Grades House and Team Meetings; 6th Grade Team Meetings; Electives Team Meeting; PTO Chocolate Celebration 1:30-2, District Spelling Bee, M.O.V.E at 215 and Harley's 5:30 P.M.
Wednesday, December 14- $1 Hat and $2 Jeans Day for M.O.V.E.; 8th Grade Christmas Refreshments; Project PINK Meeting during Spartan Time; Digital Facilitator on campus; Wacky Wednesday; Principal Leadership at Central Office; 7th and 8th Grade Content Level Planning Meetings; Boys Basketball Jamboree at Spring Hill 3:45pm
Thursday, December 15- Electives Christmas Refreshments; Assistant Principal Leadership at Central Office; 6th Grade Content Level Planning Meetings; SIT Meeting 3:45pm; Middle School CTE Meeting at Carver at 4:00pm; Chorus Concert at 7:00; First semester writing assessment data due to Jamilia Williams
Friday, December 16- Office Staff Christmas Refreshments; Clubs; 6th Grade House Meeting
Tuesday, December 20- 7th & 8th Grades House and Team Meetings; 6th Grade Team Meetings; Electives Team Meeting
Wednesday, December 21- Project PINK Meeting during Spartan Time; Digital Facilitator on campus; 7th and 8th Grade Content Level Planning Meetings; Basketball vs. Carver at SHS at 6:00 pm
Thursday, December 22- 1/2 Day for Students, Early Release at 12:00pm; 6th Grade Content Level Planning Meetings;