Future nursery methode discussion
Should modern technologie replace books in our nurseries?
- 6:00pm - Entry
- 6:15pm - Why should new technology be used anyway? - talk by Prof. Dr. Sabine Reh
- 6:45pm - 7:00pm - Break
- 7:00pm - 7:30pm - Why the usage of tablet pcs is mandatory for for the development of future generation children. - talk by Prof. Dr. Marcelo Caruso
- 7:30pm - 8:00pm - Discussion and outcome
Why should children be supplied with modern technology at nurseries?
- technology helps kids to learn faster
- parents are able to follow results and progress of their children
- children are prepared for the right exposure with media in their future life
- the usage of touch pads promotes the cognitive abilities in kids early years of life
- team spirit is cultivated, due to community games with other children
Why nurseries shouldn't be supplied with the latest technology?
- Supplying every day-care-center with the needed technology is very expensive
- interpersonal skills as conflict prevention and mediation stay unattended
- to much media causes an addiction
- the capability of forming own ideas to overcome tediousness is not trained
- creativity is limited since programs simulate the content shown