What Are Tsunamis?
When a tsunami does form it usually gets to 30 feet high!! In the deepest part of the ocean tsunamis actually start out 1-3 feet high. Sailors sometimes don't even realize that some waves that go under them, are little tsunamis trying to form.
Costs/Damages they have done
While she was modeling bathing suits, She heard something and took a step out of the place she was in. And soon enough people were screaming and being sucked into the monster wave that was a tsunami. As soon as she realized what was happening she tried to run but the water was taking her out to sea.Along with her boyfriend, Simon. But thankfully she had enough energy to cling onto a nearby tree. She was holding on for at least 8 hours!!!!! And watching her boyfriend being crashed on by waves and being dragged out to sea. When she thought the long nightmare was over she got off of the tree but another big wave fell onto her and crushed her pelvis. Then when she went to the doctor he diagnosed that in fact her pelvis was crushed and that she could never walk again. It was a terrible day. So scientists named it, The Boxing Day Tragedy. She soon found out the doctor had mis-diagnosed her. SHE CAN WALK!!!!!! But had to be STRONG anti-biotics for a long time until she fully recovered. She still walks this earth telling her horrid story.
1) When in coastal areas, stay alert for a tsunami warnings
2) Plan an evacuation route that leads to higher ground in case of a tsunami
3) Know the warning signs of a tsunami which are: rapidly rising and falling waves, rumbling of an offshore earthquake, and large waves.
4) NEVER STAY NEAR THE SHORE TO WATCH A TSUNAMI COME IN. It's called common sense people.
5) If authorities approve you can go back to the beach, you can. But if not don't try anything stupid that you will regret. Because it will come back to haunt you.
Tsunamis are one of nature's greatest natural disasters and you need to stay away from them at all costs. It will cost you.
Remember the next time you are at the beach watch out, because the little waves that hit you might just be a tiny tsunami reaching its height at any second.