Mr. Graf's Weekly Newsletter
Green Tree Elementary School
Dear Green Tree Families,
We are inviting the entire Green Tree community to our first “Green Tree 101” night on September 20 from 6:00-7:00. During this time you will get to meet our new principal Mr. Graf and learn about reading, math, and opportunities for families to stay involved in our school.
Staff will also be on hand that night to answer any questions you may have about Green Tree, and you will have an opportunity to fill out an eight question survey that will help us shape our future family sessions.
We look forward to seeing everyone who can make it next week.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you next week!
Mathematics at Green Tree
What you need to know about Bridges in Mathematics
- Learning is a collaborative and social endeavor.
- Learning is a process of constructing meaning to make sense of concepts.
- Learning requires perseverance and willingness to experience disequilibrium.
- Encourage students to be responsible for their own learning.
- Use good questioning strategies and draw out student thinking.
- Promote discourse while creating a safe learning environment.
- Solve problems using visual models and manipulatives.
- Make and test conjectures while recording their thinking.
- Talk and move around the classroom as they actively engage in learning.