23rd District PTA - Convention 2023
April 21-23, 2023
Read on to find out MORE about the 2023 California State PTA Convention in Sacramento!
Learn about the business (bylaws, resolutions, and membership changes will all be voted on!), get inspired by speakers and workshops, and help learn how to be a PTA rockstar!
Join us from April 21 – April 23 in Sacramento! We'll be glad to see you!
Read below for more information on Convention
(including how to win a free registration from 23rd District PTA!), covered expenses, and more!
Still have questions?
Reach out to us at Help@23rdDistrict.org
The 23rd District Convention Orientation is linked below. Don't miss out!
What IS Convention, Anyway?
If you’ve never been before, now you should!
The California State PTA Convention is a multi-day experience that:
- Handles the general business of the California State PTA through general meetings (all attendees participate)
- Helps PTA leaders to learn tools and techniques to be more effective through multiple workshops
- Inspires leaders with speakers and networking opportunities to share program ideas and support tools
- Encourages leaders to find new ideas and opportunities with a hall full of vendors for different programs that help benefit children and PTAs
- and so. much. more!
THIS YEAR WE WILL BE VOTING ON:
- Electing the California State PTA Board of Directors for 2023-2025
- Moving from two financial reviews/audits per year to one
- Increasing the minimum number of members from 15 to 25
- National PTA Dues Increase of $1.75
- Four PTA Resolution A, Resolution B, Resolution C, and Resolution D
It can't happen without you! You WANT to be at Convention, and we want to helo you get there!
Have Questions? Want More Information? Join us for the Convention Orientation!
Want more information on Convention? Have questions you want answered? Attend the Twenty-Third District Convention Orientation and get all the information you need!
When: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Voting? Non-Voting? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!
Every unit, council, and district, is entitled to take part in the business of California State PTA - it's YOUR kind of PTA! In order to vote, however, you must be a voting delegate! Voting delegates vary depending on whether you are attending from a district, council, or unit PTA, and they are always elected by the general association. The first delegate for any unit (or council or district in an election year) is always the president-elect. Other delegates may be elected after the president is elected.
Keep your eyes open for emails from California State PTA on how to register voting delegates!
Let's look at the breakdown:
District: 3 delegates
Councils: 2 delegates
Units (250 members or less): 2 delegates
Units (251-500 members): 3 delegates
Units (501-750 members): 4 delegates
Units (751+ members): 5 delegates
How Much Does it Cost?
That is the question, isn't it? The earlier you register, the cheaper the cost - so make sure to hold those elections! This is a reimbursable unit expense to help ensure our leaders have the information needed to be successful!
ONLY FULL-TIME ATTENDEES/DELEGATES ARE VOTING DELEGATES!
SINGLE-DAY ATTENDEES DO NOT HAVE VOTING PRIVELEGES!
(February 15 - March 31, 2023)
Full-Time (All 3 days): $249
Exhibit Hall Only: $199
Non-PTA Member: $500
(April 1-19, 2023)
Full-Time (All 3 days): $299
Exhibit Hall Only: $199
Non-PTA Member: $500
(April 20 - April 23)
Full-Time (All 3 days): $349
Exhibit Hall Only: $199
Non-PTA Member: $500
Twenty-Third District PTA will provide a Twenty-Third District Shirt for attendees, a custom Twenty-Third District #magicmaker attendee ribbon, access to the Twenty-Third District Hospitality Suite, and so much more!
Find more information, straight from California State PTA by clicking this link: Convention 2023
Convention Costs a Lot - I Need Help to Go!
We have great news! Twenty-Third District PTA can help with that!
Click this link to request contact regarding Convention Assistance
Thanks to the incredible partnership between Riverside County Office of Education and Riverside County Superintendent Dr. Edwin Gomez, Twenty-Third District has funds available to assist Riverside County leaders in attending Convention!
Twenty-Third District PTA cannot assist with car rental or per diem costs, apart from the Twenty-Third District Convention Dinner Event on Friday, April 21st.
Convention assistance will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration assistance can only be awarded to units in good standing. Assistance is for one delegate per unit only, units sending additional delegates are ineligible. Assistance provided for full-time voting delegates only.
Where Do We Stay?
- Attendees may stay at a partner hotel
- Attendees may stay at another nearby hotel
The partner hotels for the 2023 Convention are the Sheraton Grand - Sacramento ($217/night)and the Hyatt Regency - Sacramento ($229/night). California State PTA Convention attendees may book rooms with the special Convention rate through March 28, 2023!
The PTA that is sending you to Convention may reimburse costs for hotel stays from Thursday evening - Sunday morning, including parking privileges [$25/day for self-parking]).
How Do We Pay?
However, Convention is a reimburseable PTA expense. Registration, travel, hotel fees, and per diem for meals are all able to be reimbursed by PTA funds, as long as the unit has budgeted and approved those expenditures. Here are the rates for travel, hotel fees, and per diem, and don't forget documentation!:
- Hotel fees: moderately priced hotels, for Thursday - Saturday night (checkout Sunday morning). It is strongly encouraged that if sending multiple delegates that rooms are shared.
- Travel expenses: Car rental fees, gas fees, Uber/Lyft/Taxi fees may be covered for travel to and from the airport and Convention center. Alternatively, if a delegate is using a personal vehicle, delegates may be reimbursed at the California State PTA rate of $0.65/mile.
- Per Diem: The California State PTA per diem rate (reimbursement for meals) is $67/day ($16 breakfast/$18 lunch/$33 dinner). Partial day attendees may only receive per diem for impacted mealtimes.
Who Gets to Go?
Your PTA may send as many attendees as it has budgeted for; however, those attendees must be elected by the general association after the election for the 2023-2024 term has occurred! Don't forget to designate voting delegates! While all attendees will participate in workshops and attend general meetings, only voting delegates get to vote!
There are also opportunities for volunteers! Volunteering for a 4 hour Convention shift will earn free Convention admission for the rest of the day (non-voting!) More information on volunteering will be coming soon!
(Check out more information on voting delegates below!)
Celebrate With Us!
23rd District Convention Dinner!
We are so glad that you are a part of the 23rd District PTA family, and we want to celebrate with you! We invite you to join us at the 23rd District PTA Convention Dinner event, scheduled on Friday, April 21, 2023!
You'll join us for fantastic dinner, PTA trivia, and opportunities to win PTA prize packs!
Details on this event will be forthcoming to all registered delegates, and attendees will RSVP to Twenty-Third District PTA.
Space is limited!
The $33 dinner per diem for this event will be given to Twenty-Third District PTA upon attendance to the event.
SPACE is LIMITED! Don't miss out!
California State PTA Convention Celebration!
Join California State PTA to celebrate being 126 years young!
Hosted by California State PTA at the Convention Center, join California State PTA and other leaders from across the state for an evening of dinner, dancing, and fun!
Cost is $50.00/person
Register for this event with your Convention Registration
CONSIDERATIONS FOR ATTENDEES
- PTA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. There is no secure place to store personal items at the convention center
- An area will be set aside in the general meeting room for carts and large totes. However, be sure to keep all valuables in your possession.
- Fire Marshal restrictions require all carts and tote bags to be placed under chairs in workshop rooms. Aisles must be kept clear.
- The following items are not permitted:
- helium balloons
- outside food
COVID-19 Policy: All attendees at California State PTA events shall observe CDC, CDPH, and local health department guidance on infectious diseases. Attendees are encouraged to conduct a health self-evaluation before attending the meeting and should refrain from attending if they have any symptoms of illness. Masks/face coverings are strongly recommended in areas with less than six feet of distance, such as meetings and workshops. This policy expires September 30, 2023