CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
Even though this week was shorter, it felt like we were just as busy. I have several updates to share with you.
- The Republic newspaper published an article today about 2017 ISTEP scores for county schools. CSA Lincoln did very well and improved our passage rate on both English and Math from 70.8% to 71.2%. This is well above the state average of 51.5%. While I know that ISTEP is just one of many ways to assess academic success, I do believe it is important to celebrate our accomplishments. I shared with students at Town Hall Meeting that they should be proud of their hard work and it is cool to work hard and be smart. They were excited and are ready to get back after it. #workhardplayhard
- Our one and only school fundraiser starts this weekend! You should look for a small manila envelope with a purple information sheet tucked inside that went home today. As in the past, instead of selling items we are asking for students to do chores or provide an Act of Kindness in exchange for a donation to the school. Remember that awesome Solar Eclipse Party? Is your student already talking about the last student day we spend at Donner Park? Those events as well as field trips, classroom treats, and other student activities are paid for using the funds raised. We have set class goals this year rather than individual goals (printed on the envelope) to encourage a more collaborative effort. Any funds raised above our school goal of $6,000 will go directly to funding The Linden Project, our new playground!
- Please save the date and time of Thursday, September 21st at 1:00 p.m. That is the CSA Lincoln 50th Anniversary Celebration! We want you to come and share this moment in our school's history with us! Students will be participating in the event in several ways including adding an item per class to the time capsule and will be singing the school fight song!
- Yesterday, we had a group touring from Japan and a study tour. A study tour is when a group of educators come for an entire day to learn about how we do things at CSA Lincoln. This includes a tour, time with teachers and students to ask questions and access to many of our resources. We invest the money collected from these tours back into our classrooms. We have another group coming on September 27th.
- Today was our 'Grand' Reading Event! There were lots of red noses in books, grandparents and special guests on hand for this popular event. I've included a link below of pictures I took. I apologize if I missed you! We handed out some extra Moon Pies because "We love you to the moon and back"! We also gave away gift baskets to one student per grade level to share with their special guest. Winners were: K-William Andress, 1- Eli Hoffman, 2-Amyahia Napier, 3- Riky Lopez, 4- Paige Loichinger, 5- Tae Tungate, 6- Izzy Dean
- Dr. Roberts visited our school today for his quarterly visit. He even stayed and ate the school lunch with second graders!
- Today we supported Caps for a Cure by wearing hats to show unity in the battle against childhood cancer. Thank you for supporting this great cause!
- Finally, the Cummins Child Development Center had their own Grandparents Day event. I've included a picture of my in-laws with Calvin! It was a good day to be a grandparent!
Have a great weekend!
Stella, her grandmother, grandmother-in-law and great grandmother!
These six set a great example in Mrs. Cash's class this week!
Save the Date- September 21st- CSA Lincoln 50th Anniversary Celebration
Husky Gram Winners
Book Fair will be September 25th-29th
BCSF - Harlem Wizards Information
Are you ready to have some fun with the Harlem Wizards, WNBA's Tamika Catchings, Dr. Roberts and the BCSF "Stars" team made up of BCSC administrators, teachers and special guests, including Mr. Findley. The fun begins at Columbus North Memorial Gym, located at 1400 25th Street Sun - Nov 5, 2017 - 2:00pm - 4:00pm - Doors open at 1:00 pm. The evening promises to be a fun filled event that is great for kids and adults and guarantees to put a smile on your face! This event is hosted by The Bartholomew Consolidated School Foundation ( BCSF). At a Wizards’ game, fans will witness amazing basketball talent combined with hilarious comedy. It’s two hours of family time where parents, grandparents, and kids can all laugh together. When you’re in the stands, you’re more than a spectator; you’re part of the show with loads of audience participation. The experience can only be summed up in two words: Awe-Inspiring!
Get your tickets online today https://harlemwizards.thundertix.com/events/109317 or in person at the BCSC Administration Building or Viewpoint Books - 548 Washington St., Columbus.
Thank you to Heritage Automotive Sales in Columbus and Hotel Indigo for their sponsorship for this BCSF community event to support our BCSC teachers and students!
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley