Don't forget to answer the questions on your station log.
Remember culture shapes the way people behave.
West Africa has 17 countries and 100s of ethnic groups. Most of these ethnic groups speak a different language. Therefore, it is not uncommon for them to speak several languages. These Africans are united by a strong tie to kinship or a family relationship. The nuclear family is the parents and children. The extended family includes all relatives. A common ancestor makes you part of a lineage and several lineages can form a clan. This is strong in West Africa because they have to band together for survival. Storytelling is a major source of passing down traditions. They also pass down traditions through dance and artwork. Many of the slaves that came to America were from West Africa which has greatly influenced American culture. (jazz, blues, Brer Rabbit)
2. What is the main predominant (main) religion in North Africa.
3. How many countries does West Africa have and how does that effect the language they speak?
4. Where do the people in East Africa migrate from?
5. How was South Africa arranged?
6. Which video was your favorite? Why?
7. Write down 1 question you have for the people in the video about their countries culture.