Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of 01/19/2020
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR ALL-STATE MUSICIANS
For more information about all of our GCISD All-State Musicians, click here.
Notes from the Directors
Good afternoon, Mustang Band!
- The calendar for piano rehearsals is posted in the band hall! Please check your time and be prepared for your piano rehearsal.
- Sectionals have started in all band classes. Please be on time for your sectionals.
- Winterguard performs at Lovejoy HS on Friday, January 24th at 8PM. Student volunteers are needed to help move floor and equipment. This is a great way to support your friends in Winterguard and volunteers get in for free! Dinner will be provided for this event. (Itinerary below)
- Students must have paid for their solo & ensemble fees and their accompanist by January 24th. Accompanist fees are $40 and each event is $8. A student playing a solo with accompaniment and an ensemble is $56, for example.
- Next year’s summer band and marching season schedule are posted on the Mustang Band calendar. This schedule is TENTATIVE!! We have projected the schedule for your planning purposes this summer and fall. The schedule will be updated as we solidify dates.
- All-Region clinic and concert begins TODAY. All students and parents are encouraged to support our All-Region musicians at these concerts! (see below for more info).
- If you are in a NEW BAND CLASS join the Remind (see below).
- Check the band calendar for the most up-to-date information.
Friday, January 17
- All Region Band Clinic at Trinity HS Day 1
- 6:30pm-8:30pm Indoor Percussion
Saturday, January 18
- All Region Band Clinic and Concert at Trinity HS Day 2
Sunday, January 19
- FREE DAY
Monday, January 20
- NO SCHOOL
- 9:00am-4:00pm Guard Rehearsal
- 5:00-7:00pm Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
Tuesday, January 21
- 7:30am Wind Ensemble Trumpets, Percussion, and Symphonic Saxophones
- 4:30-5:30pm Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Tubas/Euphoniums
- 6:30-8:30pm Indoor Percussion
Wednesday, January 22
- 7:00-8:30am Winter Guard
- 7:30am Wind Ensemble Flutes/Ob, Symphonic Flute/Ob, Symphonic Percussion
- 7:45am Honors Low Reeds/Saxophones
- 4:15-5:00 Honors Low Brass
- 4:30-5:30pm Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Clarinets
Thursday, January 23
- 7:30am Wind Ensemble Trombone/Euphonium, Honors Percussion, Symphonic Horns
- 4:15-5:00pm Honors Horns
- 4:30-5:30pm Wind Ensemble Horns
- 4:15-5:30pm Symphonic Band Full Ensemble
- 5:30-8:30pm Winter Guard
- 6:30-8:30pm Indoor Percussion
Friday, January 24
- 7:30am Wind Ensemble Low Reeds
- 7:45am Honors Trumpets
- 4:30-5:30pm Symphonic Trumpets
- 4:30-5:30pm Wind Ensemble Saxophones
- 6:30-8:30pm Indoor Percussion
- 8:00-9:00pm Winter Guard Contest at Lovejoy
GCISD Solo & Ensemble Contest Info
Friday, Feb. 7th, 4:30pm
Students are responsible for the registration fee of $8 per solo and ensemble ($16 total) as well as paying for their piano accompanist $40. The grand total is $56.
Monies should be turned in ASAP.
- Coffee with the Boosters is Jan 29 from 6:30-8:00pm at the Black Walnut in Colleyville. This is a fun and casual get together to meet other band parents and ask questions about the band program. This event is for all current and incoming band parents.
There are several students that have outstanding payments on their Band Fee, Guard Fee (both fall and winter), and Indoor Percussion Fee. Please check CHAMRS to ensure you are up-to-date on all of your payments. Our programs rely on the fees being paid on-time in order to purchase necessary materials to perform. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org.
TMEA Region 31 Band Clinic and Concert
All-Region clinic and concert begins on Friday. There will not be a bus provided for this event, so please plan your transportation ahead of time! Rehearsals start at 6PM at the following locations:
- 9th grade band: Central JH
- Concert band: Trinity HS
- Symphonic band: LD Bell HS
- Wind symphony: LD Bell HS
- Wind ensemble: Trinity HS
The All-Region performances will be on Saturday in the Trinity HS auditorium at these times:
- 9th grade band: 4PM
- Concert band: 5PM
- Symphonic band: 6PM
- Wind symphony: 7PM
- Wind ensemble: 8PM
All students and parents are encouraged to support our All-Region musicians at these concerts!
Students are in the following bands:
- Wind Ensemble: Kristen Edwards, Megan Ja, Abby Isley, Preston Cornelius
- Wind Symphony: Mikey Strobel
- Symphonic Band: Ben Wodrich, Diya Dellecase, Minna Chow, Lisa Barrington, Ashley Dove, Genesis Reyes, Joe Hill, Emily Koch
- Concert Band: Amrit Rathie, Allison Koch, Madi Plesha, Anthony Hearst, Nico Morin
- Freshman Band: Cindy Hernandez, Aiden Waldo
- 4:00pm – dismissed from school, pizza in the SAC
- 5:30pm – Load and depart for Lovejoy HS
- 7:00pm – check in
- 8:00pm – performance!
- 10:30pm – award ceremony, load and depart
- 11:15PM – arrive at Grapevine HS, everyone gets home safely
We are in need of a Guard Liason. This person would work alongside the Mr. Samuels, Mr. Redd, and the booster executive committee to help with the guard program.
The guard is also in need of volunteers to help with uniform fittings and alterations. The dates are TBD, but if you would like to potentially help email Mr. Redd (William.email@example.com).
January 24 - NTCA Lovejoy
February 22 - NTCA Red Oak
March 7 - NTCA Grand Prairie
- We need a GCISD certified teacher to travel with the group this day if you work at GCISD and would like to volunteer your time please let us know
March 14 - NTCA Lewisville
Our show this year is called "Pull." Centered around a theme of gravity and utilizing our floor's galaxy design, the performers will constantly be pulled into the center of the black hole, and will always be fighting gravity's unstoppable forces.
Important dates coming up:
January 27, 6:30- Parent Meeting
February 20, 6:30-8:30- Pit Crew Dress Rehearsal
February 21, 8:00- Community Send-off Performance
February 22- competition @ Burleson HS
February 29- competition @ Berkner HS
March 21- competition @ Juan Seguin HS
April 4- championships @ Burleson Centennial HS
General Percussion Dates
April 16, 6:30- Percussion Bash
April 23, 4:30-6:30- 8th-11th Grade Drumline Clinic
April 30, 4:30-6:30- 8th-11th Grade Drumline Clinic
May 7, 4:30-6:30- 8th-11th Grade Drumline Clinic
May 14, 4:30-6:30- 8th-11th Grade Drumline Clinic
May 21, 4:30-8:30- Drumline Auditions
Please frequently check the band calendar and GroupMe for rehearsal dates/times and other updates.
Other links and forms
If you have a broken school-owned instrument that needs repaired, go to the band website to fill out the repair form. Follow the directions carefully.
If you have lost your music and need a copy, WE HAVE A SOLUTION! The form must be completed 48 hours before the time you need music so the librarians can get you copies.