The Willson Weekly
All the info you need to be a successful preschool parent!
We have so many fun activities planned for this week! As the school year is winding down, we are continuing to review all the skills we've learned along the way.
STEM Week - May 16th - 20th
Fun Friday - May 20th is our last FRIDAY of the school year! Let's show our Willson spirit with a Willson t-shirt or wear blue and yellow!
Graduation Ceremony Dates - these ceremonies are only for students that are leaving Willson for Kindergarten.
Monday, May 23rd - Mr. Joey and Miss Leanna's classes at 6 PM
Tuesday, May 24th - Miss Lisa's classes at 6 PM
Wednesday, May 25th - Miss Rita's classes at 6 PM
Graduation ceremonies will be held outside on our playground off of Wabash Ave. Please bring your own chairs!
Thursday, May 26th - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Morning Preschool 8:00-10:30
Afternoon Preschool 11:20-1:50
Revised School Calendar
Summertime is approaching and temperatures are rising. Preschool-aged children are at risk for heat-related illnesses. It is important to recognize the signs and to know what to do if you suspect that your child is experiencing a heat-related illness. Check out the chart below to help keep your child safe during extreme heat, or click on https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/extremeheat/warning.html.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at 765-362-0005.
*Please call the office to report your child's absence. Information shared on Class Dojo may not been seen until the end of the day. Thank you!
Family Fun Activity
Let's use science to make our own ice cream! This video will show you how some simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time will make a delicious treat. Enjoy!
Bus rider info
- Bus drivers will be calling with your scheduled time for pick up and drop off.
- Please allow 15 minutes before and after your scheduled time. The routes are different every day and when you are ready and waiting this keeps the route running smoothly.
- A parent or ADULT designated caregiver must put the child on the bus at pick up time.
- At drop off, the bus driver must be able to see a parent or ADULT designated caregiver before they will allow the child to exit the bus. If no one is there, the child will be returned to Willson Preschool and you will be called to make arrangements for pick up. If your child has not been picked up at Willson within 30 minutes, the Crawfordsville Police Department will be called.
- Please call the Bus Transportation Center if your child is not going to be riding the bus that school day. You may also leave a message.
- Crawfordsville : 364-3235
- North Montgomery : 364-1071
- South Montgomery : 866-2036
Car rider information
- Enter the preschool parking lot and drive along the edge of the parking lot around the the playground fence.
- Pull up and park at one of the 6 labeled car rider loading spots.
- A school staff member will escort your child to pr from your car, in and out, of the building.
- DO NOT WALK CHILDREN ACROSS THE PARKING LOT. YOU MUST BE PARKED ALONG THE FENCE.
- As soon as you have picked-up or dropped-off your child, quickly pull away and exit the parking lot so the next set of parents may pull up to the fence.
- It is helpful to install your child's booster or car seat on the driver's side of the car for faster drop-off and pick-up.
- All preschool-aged children should be secured in a booster or car seat.
- Car rider line time is NOT the time to talk to your child's teacher. We must not block traffic on Wabash Ave. If you need to speak with someone from the school about your child's day, email, call, or Class DoJo message your child's teacher.
- If you need to come to the school office, you must park in a parking space and enter through the front doors. No visitors will be allowed past the front office.
- Please contact the school office or your child's teacher with questions.
Breakfast and Lunch
Parents are encouraged not to send money to school with their student for lunch, but to utilize the Send Money to School app or website instead: https://www.sendmoneytoschool.com/Dashboard/Login.aspx
Detailed food service information can be located at: https://www.cville.k12.in.us/domain/148