Pros and Cons
Affirmative Action and Title IX
The Pros of Affirmative Action
- It gave minorities a chance to have a high-paying job and getting in better colleges.
- It made the wrongs they have done, right.
- It creates diversity within schools and business.
- Eliminates the stereotypes too.
The cons of Affirmative Action
- Creates reverse discrimination.
- It won't allow higher qualified people to enter.
- May be demeaning to the minorities, because it practically saying that they cannot succeed without it.
Pros of Title IX
- Women would not have never experienced athletics
- More female involvement
Cons of Title IX
- You have to cut other sports so they can play.