Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of May 24-May 30
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Saul Believes in Jesus
Think of someone (real or fictional) who changed from bad to good. What happened to make them change?
Saul was a Pharisee who thought that Jesus was a false teacher. He hated Christians, and he wanted to stop them from telling other people about Jesus. So he went after Christians and had them arrested and put in jail. The Christians were afraid of Saul! Saul was on his way to Damascus to find more Christians to put in jail when something amazing happened, something that would change Saul forever.
Lord Jesus, thank You for loving us, even when we sin against You. Work in our hearts to change our ways and to do Your will. In Your name we pray. Amen.
Bible Lesson: Saul Believes in Jesus - Acts 9:1-31
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Acts 9:1-31 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- What was Saul like at the beginning of this Bible account?
- How did God change Saul?
- What did Jesus want Saul to do?
- What does Jesus want you to do?
Saul had been attacking Christians for at least a year, jailing people for following Jesus. He was the last person you would expect Jesus to choose to share the Gospel.
Jesus Himself appeared to Saul in a blinding light that knocked Saul to the ground. He asked Saul, "Why do you persecute Me?" Then he told Saul to go into the city, where he would find out what Jesus wanted him to do.
Jesus wanted Saul to go and share the Good News that Jesus is our Savior. God changed Saul's heart. He went from persecutor to proclaimer of Jesus! Saul, later known as Paul, traveled all over the known world preaching the Gospel, and many people came to faith in Jesus.
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17
Things To Do Together
The Lord's Prayer
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment