JM Staff Bulletin
Week of September 8, 2015
Welcome to Week Three!
I hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day Weekend! We have another packed week ahead with Back-To-School Night on Thursday night from 6:00 - 7:30. Please let me know if you need any help or if you would like me to read over anything you will be handing out that night.
If you haven't been on Konstella yet, please do try it out soon. Several teachers were in attendance at the Konstella training this past week, and I'm sure they would be more than willing to provide assistance if you need it.
SBAC results will come out in the media this coming Wednesday, September 9th. We will be looking at the overall results at Wednesday's meeting, as well as generating common language around how we speak about the results to the parents.
I have arranged to have subs come again so you can finish your F & P assessments this week, and I will need your help with scheduling them. If you don't need a sub, just let me know.
Have a wonderful week!
Wednesday: Data Analysis PD
Thursday: Informal Observations (9:00 - 11:30) BTS Night (6:00 - 7:30)
Friday: Fire and Earthquake Drills at 9:00 (Earthquake first, then fire)
Saturday: Optional Saturday Morning of Math PD (highly recommended) or Optional TGDS training
Weekly Deliverables (To-Dos)
- Submit weekly instructional schedules if you haven't done so already
- Sign up for Committees. We will review these at Wednesday's meeting.
- Submit any missing textbooks/teacher's manuals to Sara, Ray (Math), Ife (Science), Sylvi (ELA)
- Look at materials in the Book Room and take what you need.
- We still need a couple of classrooms for enrichments classes. It looks like we need two classrooms on Wednesdays from 1:30 - 2:30 and 1 classroom on Thursdays from 3:10 - 4:00. Please email Abbie at email@example.com if you you are interested. Thank you to those of you who have already volunteered your classrooms!
Monday, September 14th: ILT meeting
Tuesday, September 15th: COST meeting (8:00 - 9:00), K-1 PLC
Wednesday, September 16th: Principal PD (8:00 - 12:00), Classroom Culture PD/OETF Teacher Training, PTA Meeting
Thursday, September 17th: Principal PD (all day), 2-3 PLC
Friday, September 18th: 4/5 PLC
Saturday, September 19th: JM BTS Picnic at Robert's Park
Tuesday, September 29th: Family Reading Night
A Note on Informal Observations
Once I have completed the observation form in the system, I will hold 10-15 minute post-observation conferences with you each teacer. I haven't yet figured out how the scheduling of these conferences will work, but I will let you know as soon as I do. At our PD on September 16th, we will be discussing the Oakland Effective Teaching Framework and TGDS.