On a mission...
to instill a collaborative learning environment
Where quality tools and quality data drives continuous improvement for all students
Features that made me go weak in the knees...
- Priority Reports for Critical Intervention-This highlighted area identifies students requiring high-level needs of intervention. Can I get a HALLELUJAH!!!
- RTI Tier Distribution-IT GROUPS STUDENTS TOGETHER ACCORDING TO NEED and provides instructional goals specific to each tier! Teachers can build additional small groups to provide a different and NECESSARY level of intervention. I had to pinch myself when I discovered this :)
- Embedded links to teacher-directed lessons for goal-specific skills
- On-Demand Assessments-These give teachers the option to test on a specific reading area, such as phonics, comprehension, and vocabulary, AND....can I get a drumroll please...it will adjust student learning paths!!!!!
- Monthly Reports to communicate student progress as well as to make adjustments to tier placement and level of instruction
- Interactive Tools that provide systematic, explicit instruction in areas of phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension. THANK YOU, ISTATION!
- Teacher Resource Lessons-This section provides scripted lesson plans to help differentiate instruction.
- Reading Level Correlation Chart to bridge students ISIP score with DRA2 and Fountas & Pinnell Leveling system. YOU THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING, ISTATION!
Student performance determines placement in the instructional plan!
I would use istation data to:
- establish individual and class SMART goals that provide focus for class instruction
- evaluate progress toward goals via student data folders
- measure student progress by incorporating results into graphs and organizing them on a data wall that would communicate a classroom environment where the focus is on evidence of learning.
- facilitate class data discussions where students take ownership of their learning targets by updating results and celebrating goal attainment.
- provide documentation of student progress that accurately supports a necessary referral to the SST process
- create learning targets for word work within the daily skills block
Creating a Classroom Learning Community
Thank you so much for utilizing me to review Istation data! It not only validated that the feedback I provide for my students is nudging them in the right direction, but it also provided an opportunity for my own continuous improvement in the form of an idea I have been kicking around about creating a data wall with a focus on student goal setting that leads to success. I can't expect to empower greatness in my students if I am not motivated to the buy-in of making my tomorrow better than today--Thank you, for 'Fewell-ing" me with ideas for improvement :)