District 230 COVID Dashboard
August 23, 2021
Our top priorities in the Reopening Plan are:
- 100% onsite attendance - 100% of the school year - 100% on the regular schedule
- No interruptions to learning due to illness or quarantine
- Maintain local control by following mitigations and keeping local metrics inline
7 Key Metrics
The first slide of the D230 Dashboard includes this information.
- Metric 1: District 230 Community Positivity Rate. Based on Northwestern University's dashboard for IDPH data, this percentage includes the primary zip codes that feed into our schools.
- Metric 2: District 230 Community Positive Cases (per 100,000/7days). Also based on Northwestern University's dashboard for IDPH data, this tracks the number of positive cases within those zip codes.
- Metric 3: District 230 Community Vaccination Rate: Based on the Cook County Department of Public Health vaccination dashboard for our community.
- D230 Reopening Plan Mitigations Status: Based on metrics and color levels established by CDC, the D230 Reopening Plan includes these levels of mitigations.
Blue = Low Transmission
Yellow = Moderate Transmission
Orange/Red - Substantial/High Transmission (District 230 has combined the CDC Orange and Red into one level)
District 230's corresponding mitigations can be found in the Reopening Plan at d230.org/reopen
A preponderance of the 7 metrics will determine the level of mitigations in place.
The second slide of the D230 Dashboard highlights on-campus metrics.
- Metric 4: Positive Cases On-Campus: This includes students and staff who have been on-campus and report a positive test result.
- Metric 5: Close Contact On-Campus: This includes close contacts on campus as defined by IDPH:
- An individual who was within 3 to 6-feet of a positive case for more than 15 minutes within a 24 hour period if unvaccinated without a mask or
- An individual who was within 3 feet of a positive case for more than 15 minutes within a 24 hour period if unvaccinated with or without a mask.
- Metric 6: D230 Vaccination Rate for Students &
Metric 7: D230 Vaccination Rate for Staff: This includes those students and staff who have voluntarily uploaded their vaccination records to District 230. We anticipate that the number of fully vaccinated is higher than what is reported here as families and staff make the personal decision to upload their card or not.
To upload a vaccination card:
Students/Families: Log into Skyward Family Access, Click Online Forms, Upload a picture of the vaccine card.
Staff: Go to https://bit.ly/D230StaffUpload , Upload a picture of the vaccine card.
This weekly communication will take the place of the school-wide emails sent last year for each positive case. The schools will continue to communicate directly with those who are determined to be a close contact.
The Dashboard will also be posted to the District's Reopening website at d230.org/reopen.
Committed to Keeping Students & Staff in School Safely
Once fully vaccinated for COVID-19, families and staff can choose to upload their vaccination cards to assist with contact tracing and reduce the need to quarantine.