Park Center Pirate Newsletter
Welcome to the Pirate Newsletter!
We have 5 weeks left in our first trimester. Now is a great time to make sure your student is on-track to pass their classes.
- Review your student's current grades with them. Celebrate their hard work so far this year!
- For any grades they want to improve, look at what assignments, tests, or projects they are missing
- Help them come up with a plan to complete missing work and prepare for upcoming tests and projects
- Reach out to your child's teachers (or have them reach out to their teachers!) with any questions
- Have your child attend Homework Center Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 2:00-4:30
Meet Your Park Center Leaders
Hey Pirate Family! We are so proud to lead Park Center Senior High. PCSH has a great learning environment and staff that will help our students become the best version of themselves. We are committed to supporting every student, family, and staff member to continue to grow this wonderful community. Pictured, from left to right: Assistant Principals Erin Nelson, Paris Kyles, and Erik Thompson and Principal Dr. Harris
We are also excited to welcome our new Activities Coordinator, Keelie Sorenson, back into the Pirate Family! Keelie is a Park Center graduate with a deep commitment to the PCSH community. She says "Park Center made me who I am today. The most beautiful thing about this district is that I got introduced to so many different cultures and backgrounds at a really young age, and I felt more equipped to go out into the world and create positive change having gone here. I want to be able to give back to the school community that gave so much to me.”
Park Center PRIDE
At Park Center we expect every student to demonstrate P.R.I.D.E.
- Participate in your education
- Respect yourself and others
- Inspire others
- Do the right thing
- Excel in all you do
For all Park Center rules and expectations, refer to our Student and Family Handbook
39 of our PC students braved a chilly fall day to embark on an urban canoeing expedition through Outdoor Adventures
It is our expectation that students have good attendance so they may participate fully in the learning process, by being present for the meaningful instruction their teachers provide. Attendance is huge factor in school success! Here are some strategies for helping your child have good school attendance (available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, and Vietnamese).
When your child does need to miss school, please be sure to call the Attendance Office on the day your child is absent.
- Elizabeth Lee (9th-10th grades) 763-569-7612
- Aidan Thao (11th-12th grades) 763-569-7611
Dates to Know
- November 1: College Fair
- November 7: Staff Workshop (no school for students)
- November 23-24: Thanksgiving Holiday (no school)
- November 30: Last Day of Trimester 1
- December 1: Grading Day (no school for students)
- January 24: Trimester 2 Conferences (virtual)
- April 24: Trimester 3 Conferences (in person)
Trimester 1: September 5 to November 30, 2023
Trimester 2: December 4 to March 7, 2024
Trimester 3: March 11 to June 6, 2024