Emerson Cheetah Check-In!
November 12th - Emerson Parent Newsletter
Teachers hard at work planning for our Cheetah Champions!
Hello Emerson Families,
I hope you're well.
- Thank you for your partnership this week as we launched Pooled COVID Testing at Emerson. Please remember to fill out the consent form, for your child to participate in Pooled Testing. This will happen every Monday morning.
- Reminder - next week we have minimum days for parent teacher conferences! Our teachers are eager to meet with you, to share about our students progress during the first trimester, and set goals to support their continued growth. Please be sure to sign-up for a meeting with your child's teacher.
- Monday is the Walkathon - please remind kids to wear comfortable shoes for lots of walking!
If I don't see you before the break, wishing you all a lovely Thanksgiving Break.
Information for families about vaccination policy & exemptions
Elementary Schools: Vaccines for 5-11
In partnership with the City of Oakland, COVID Clinic, ACPHD, CDPH, La Clinica, Kaiser, and Safeway, we are planning to offer 21 elementary schools with on-site vaccination pop-ups during the week of November 15, so that students can have their first shot before Thanksgiving break, which will also allow them to receive their second shot before winter break. Additional pop-ups are also being planned for schools in December and January. The clinics are concentrated at elementary schools in the high-priority zip codes of 94621, 94601, 94603, 94607, 94606, and 94605.
Community Info Session
We'll also be hosting a session on 12/1 from 5-6pm with UCSF, so families can ask questions about the board policy and the vaccine itself of OUSD staff and UCSF pediatricians.
Looking Ahead at Emerson
- November 15th-19th: Minimum Days, Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 15th - Walkathon Rescheduled!
- November 16th - School Site Council Meeting, 5:30pm
- November 22nd-27th: No School, Thanksgiving Break
- November 29th: Welcome Back!
- December 7th: Picture Day!
- December 7th: Virtual Tour, for 22-23 Prospective Parents - Spread the Word: https://ousd.zoom.us/j/87066125623
- December 20th-January 2nd: Winter Break - No School!
We are a relationship-centered school:
students are known, valued and celebrated.
We support all students:
academic and social emotional programs meet students where they are and accelerate them forward.
We are committed to equity:
we eliminate racial, socioeconomic and gender inequities through culturally relevant learning experiences.
We are a learning community:
with a learning stance, we use inquiry and reflection to improve our practice.