Viper Monthly -April Edition
@VAILSCHOOL #VIPERUP @VAILEVIPERS
CONNECT WITH US!
Dear Viper Families,
We are now entering the last two months of school and that is hard to believe! There are so many fun and exciting things that occur during the last several weeks. Be sure to check red, Thursday folders for forms and information. Thank you for making our book fair such a huge success! The students loved shopping and we enjoyed seeing their excitement when it came to picking out books. Even with weather changing, be sure your student is dressed for the colder days/mornings that spring tends to bring. We will go outside for recess whenever we can. Have a great month, Vipers!
- Spring Pictures-Tuesday, April 5, 2022. Only students who paid online or bring money on Tuesday will have pictures taken. Please contact the office prior to Tuesday if you need more information.
- Summer Learning Camp: Applications for Summer Learning Camp will be coming home with K-4 students. Summer Learning Camp will be at Crestdale Elementary from May 31st-June 24th, from 8:45a.m.-1:00p.m. Transportation is provided.
- IREAD-3 Students who took this assessment will get a copy of the results in the coming weeks. We are currently working on contacting families to discuss results and next steps.
- The Reading Academy: Invitations for The Reading Academy will be sent out to select 2nd and 3rd grade students. Be on the lookout for invitations between April 4th and April 8th
- The ILEARN window for Grades 3 and 4 is April 18th - May 13th. Check out these parent resources. English Spanish Our 3rd and 4th graders will begin testing April 18th. Being on time and present is extremely important. This test will be online and results will be shared later this year.
- Save the date for Pre K/K Roundup! Thursday, April 14th. 3:30-6:30
- Family Night-Our spring family night is set for Thursday, April 28 from 5:00-6:30pm. Join us as we celebrate poetry and writing. This is a free event that will offer great at-home ideas and tips for getting students interested in writing and foundational skills.
- Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2-6. Please plan ahead to show your child's teacher some love for all their hard work this school year!
- Check out the 22-23 school calendar.
- Our 4th grade students will be heading over to visit Test Intermediate next month. We love the opportunity to visit together and help with this transition. More information for families about this transition will also be sent home in the coming weeks.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great month!
A list of current grade-level skills being taught in April is listed below.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
qué hay de comer