Saisahana Subburaj Yellow Layer #4
10 Statistics or Facts
2. Anorexia has the highest fatality rate of any mental illness.
3. It is estimated that 4% of anorexic individuals die from complications of the disease.
4. Only one third of individuals struggling with anorexia nervosa in the United States obtain treatment.
5. It is estimated that up to 4% of females in the United States will have bulimia during their lifetime
6. 3.9% of these bulimic individuals will die.
7. Of those practicing bulimia, only 6% obtain treatment.
8. 2.8 % of American adults will struggle with BED during their lifetime.
9. Close to 43% of individuals suffering from Binge Eating Disorder will obtain treatment.
10. 5.2% of individuals suffering from eating disorders will die.