The Warrior Watch
October 2, 2023 - No. 6
bragging about Bonham ISD
Ten minutes was not near enough time to brag about all the wonderful things Bonham ISD is and does!!
I had the opportunity to speak to the Bonham Ladies Professional Networking Group this past week. I chose to give a brief overview of who we are with regards to our students and staff, how we are keeping students and staff safe and then a small snippet of what we do to serve not only our school community but our broader community.
I am extremely proud of the job each one of you do every day to not only teach our students academics, but also teach them how to be kind, have good character, to make good choices and how to improve upon their mental health. You are shaping our future!
campus #livepurple video challenge
BHS issued the challenge to the other campuses - to create a #LivePURPLE video.
I.W. Evans answered the challenge with their version of #LivePURPLE!
ABOVE: FFA Officers and Freshman Reps traveled to the Area 5 District 2 Meeting. Students participated in workshops as well as receiving past awards.
BELOW: 3 representatives attended the District 2 Area 5 leadership camp called to “Find Their GROOVE in Agriculture”. They participated in workshops led by District, Area and State Officers.
bhs cross country @ Denison
lady indian volleyball vs. blue ridge - 7B & 8B
cheering for each other
The Varsity Lady Warrior Volleyball team attended some of the L.H. Rather Lady Indian volleyball games after their practice and team dinner last week.
LHR cross country @ Lindsay
senior parking spots
Seniors and their families have been busy designing and painting their Senior Parking Spot. Here are a few more!
bonham warrior football team volunteers at feeding fannin
school custodian appreciation day - today
THANK YOU -
BHS Cross country teams bring home hardware
Twelve members of the JV and Varsity, Boys and Girls teams medaled at the last meet in Lindsay. This means they placed in the top twelve in their division.
t-shirt tuesday - tomorrow
early release - thursday, october 12
school holiday - friday, october 13
staff development day - Monday, October 16
bisd fall service project - spirit of giving
The campus with the highest percentage of participation, based on the total number of staff on the campus, will win a t-shirt day in November!
Here are collection results so far:
Bailey Inglish - 2% staff participation
I.W. Evans - 2% staff participation
L.H. Rather - 6% staff participation
BHS - 3% staff participation
Central Office - 33% staff participation
BISD Winter Service Project
Donation to this service project will go toward students at L.H. Rather Junior High that are included in 'Operation Christmas'. Operation Christmas is possible because of donations and fund raising led by Tori Whitlock, LHR Counselor.
- Mon. Oct. 2 - School Custodian Appreciation Day
- Mon. Oct. 2 - LHR VB @ Pottsboro (7B 8B 7A 8A); 5:00
- Tue. Oct. 3 - BHS VB @ Home (Blue Ridge) (JV2/JV, V); 5:00
- Wed. Oct. 4 - LHR CC District Meet @ Bells; 4:30
- Thur. Oct. 5 - LHR FB @ Pottsboro; 5:00
- Thur. Oct. 5 - BHS JV FB @ Home (Pottsboro); 5:30
- Fri. Oct. 6 - Accounts Payable Appreciation Day
- Fri. Oct. 6 - Community Wide Pep Rally @ Warrior Stadium; 9:30
- Fri. Oct. 6 - BHS VB @ Gunter (V, JV/JV2); 4:30
- Fri. Oct. 6 - BHS FB @ Pottsboro; 7:00
- Mon. Oct. 9 - Beginning of Principal/Asst. Principal Appreciation Week
- Tue. Oct. 10 - BHS VB @ Bells (JV2/JV, V); 5:00
- Wed. Oct. 11 - BHS UIL Marching Band Contest @ Celina; 4:30
- Thur. Oct. 12 - BHS Cross Country District Meet @ Bells; 8:00 am
- Thurs. Oct. 12 - Early Release for students
- Thurs. Oct. 12 - LHR VB @ Leonard (7B 8B 7A 8A); 5:00
- Thur. Oct. 12 - LHR FB @ Home (Mineola); 5:00
- Thur. Oct. 12 - BHS JV FB @ Mineola; 5:30
- Fri. Oct. 13 - NO School for Students and Staff
- Fri. Oct. 13 - BHS VB @ Home (Pottsboro) (V, JV/JV2); 4:30
- Fri. Oct. 6 - BHS FB @ Home (Mineola); 7:00