Bella Vista Staff Bulletin
05/18/2015 v.1 issue 29
Quote of the week
Reading Workshop SMART Goal Work
- Please check in with your accountability partner for your Reading Workshop SMART goal(s).
- Click here to review the document.
- Ms. Seaberg will be around to all classrooms in the next two weeks, during Reading Workshop to observe and provide feedback on your SMART goals (if observed). Please email her if you want to schedule a specific day/time.
Conferring! Balanced Literacy Strategy Professional Learning
- On May 27, our network is invited to the Balanced Literacy Session on Conferring.
- All teachers should attend this session, as it will become more of a focus next year, as we deepen our implementation of Balanced Literacy.
- Registration is On-Track on the district’s intranet. You will need your district email password to register.
- If you need assistance with On-Track, please see Ms. Phillips or Ms. Seaberg.
Guided Reading Library
- Please make sure that as we close out this year, all Guided Reading collections from Room X are put back in their proper bins.
- Make sure you note if books are missing from a set or if books are damaged.
- If you would be willing to help inventory the books the last week of school, please let Ms. Seaberg know. It would be checking the bins for the titles that are listed on the outside and noting missing books.
- We need to ensure that this valuable resource is available for years to come.
- The PTA’s annual walkathon will be held this Wednesday.
- Walker cards should be distributed prior to the event.
- All teachers are expected to assist at the event from 1:20-2:40 PM, in lieu of Professional Learning this day.
- TK-K-Mod/Severe teachers should assist on the lower yard track area.
- 1st-5th grade, Mild/Mod teachers should assist on the lower yard or around the perimeter of the school.
- Common Prep will start at 2:40 PM.
Prop 39 Updates
- Thank you to teachers, parents, and other staff members who remained after Open House on Thursday for the Prop 39 meeting
- Thank you EBAYC staff and Ms. Seaberg for watching the students during this meeting
- A lot of good discussions came about during this meeting and concern was raised over using the city park as our students' playground.
State Testing Updates
- We have completed the SBAC!
- Almost all students in grades 3-5 (including Mr. Takeuchi’s students) took computer tests this year.
- The results for these assessments should be available in August.
- Fifth grade students also completed a paper version of the CST Science test last week.
Trimester 3 Report Cards
- Complete information on report cards is available on Google Drive.
- Since we are using a transitional report card and cannot provide a mark for each Common Core standard, it is critical for teachers to use the comments section to note reading level and other descriptors of student performance.
- All marks and comments are due on Monday, June 8, at 8:30 a.m.
- Thank you Mrs. Gibbons, Ms. Seaberg, and Ms. Tai for coordinating the SBAC testing for the school.
- The book fair continues through Wednesday in the auditorium.
Mon., May 17
LESSON PLANS DUE FROM: Cho, Chu, Gibbons, Lee, C. Nguyen, Prchlik, Duffy-Olsson, Smith, Takeuchi, Webb, Xiao and Yang
- Ms. Phillips off campus
Tues., May 18
Weds., May 19
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR ENDS
- 1:00 Walkathon
Thurs., May 20
- TSA Professional Learning at McClymonds (Ms. Seaberg off campus until 12:30)
- TSA/Principal Session at McClymonds (Ms. Phillips off campus until 10:30)
- 5:?? Kids’ Night Out @ Pump It Up (EBAYC Fundraiser)
Fri., May 21NO SCHOOL
Mon., May 25
street sweepingNO SCHOOL
LESSON PLANS DUE FROM: Chen, Garcia, Hansen, Lew, Morente, V. Nguyen, O’Brien, Rajanikanth, Schooling, Stone, Tai, Thai and Ung
Tues., May 26
- 8:00 Big Smiles (Auditorium)
- 6:00 PM Spring Music Celebration (Auditorium)
Weds., May 27
LAST DAY FOR LIBRARY VISITS
- Student Council Field Trip to Chabot Space and Science Center (Ms. Seaberg off campus)
- 2:00 Balanced Literacy Professional Learning on Conferring (Off-site)
Thurs., May 28
- Principals’ Meeting (Ms. Phillips off campus)
- Field Trip-Coyote Hills (Cho, Schooling)
- Field Trip-Jelly Belly Factory (Chen, Lee)
Fri., May 29
- Field Trip-San Antonio Park (5th Grade)
- Student of the Month Assemblies
- 1:00 Kindergarten Motor Skills (Auditorium)
- 3:00 Zarah’s Baby Baby Shower (Room 30)
Sat., May 30
8:00 Staff Fitness: Group Walk/Jog/Run at Point Pinole ! Come out and support us, even if you didn't register!