This Is How We Lakeview
January Edition: Volume 3
Parents, we need your help. Teachers have noticed a large number of students who are going to bed extremely late and then struggling to get up to come to school and/or stay awake the following day. We know that the hybrid model makes it difficult for students to maintain a schedule, but please try to have them get into a routine, even on their virtual learning days. Also, students have not been checking their school email regularly, we will remind them to do this when they are in the building, but if you could please help them while they are at home, we would greatly appreciate it. A lot of times, the students are reaching out to the teachers via email, but then they are not checking back for a response.
PAW time updates
Students in PAW Time are learning how to Get their Mind Right this week. This is part of our R-Factor Training, as we help students apply the equation E + R = O in order to build Emotional Regulation skills. As a review, students have learned how to stay disciplined, recognize what is in their control, eliminate BCD, Manage their responses and Press Pause. Getting your Mind Right involves setting an intentional focus and then allowing your focus to help keep you committed to positive outcomes. Here is a brief video that reviews the process of Getting your Mind Right.
Voluntary Track Practice for Distance Runners
This is currently for distance runners only, look for more information on track in the middle of February.
Global Scholars Application for 21-22
What is the Global Scholars Program?
The course series provides hands-on experiences, simulations, and practical examples and strategies for global studies and cultural competence. Students will gain a deeper understanding of and define intercultural competence, explore the "other" and the value of varied perspectives throughout their school communities, gain insights into cultural nuances and effective interaction with local-global cultures, and develop a skills toolkit to leverage the global landscape of their classrooms and school communities to enrich all students' experiences. For more information, check out the flyer and video below.
PN Lacrosse kick off meeting announcement
2021 Pickerington North and Pickerington Lakeview Lacrosse Interest/Kick off meeting
Friday, January 29, 2021
BeastMode Training Center
4460 Old Columbus Rd. NW
Carroll, Ohio 43112
5-8 PM Arrival times are staggered
Girls Meeting 5 PM – 6:20
Arrival Times: Seniors 5 PM, Juniors 5:05, Sophomore & Freshman 5:10 and Junior High School at 5:15
Informational meeting will begin at 5:20 and end at 6:20
Boys Meeting 6:40 – 8 PM
Arrival Times: Senior 6:40, Juniors 6:45, Sophomore & Freshmen 6:50 and Junior High School 6:55
Informational meeting will begin promptly at 7 PM
MASKS REQUIRED. If you are not feeling well. Please do not attend.
All current players MUST complete COVID Symptom check.
Please bring your own chair and social distance from other attendees.
Spirit wear will be available for purchase. Venmo and Cash only. Order forms will also be available.
Second Payment for Pay to Participate due January 29th
Please refer to the Board of Education Policy 2432.04 AG for more information.
- Payments may be made by check, money order, cash, or credit card. Make checks payable to Pickerington Local School District. Payments may be made in one or two installments. School buildings will announce the times and places to make payments.
- All school fees from previous years must be paid in full in order to participate.
- A returned (NSF) check or non-payment will render the student ineligible to participate (including practice) until the fee is paid in full. An additional fee will be assessed for a returned check. Payments for returned checks may be made by money order, cash, or credit card.
- Students participating in athletics, co-curricular activities, theatre, and music may not participate in practice, contests, or even scrimmages until the payment is received or arrangements for payment have been made.
- Students who do not pay a minimum of 50% by the first payment date and do not pay their fees in full by the second payment date, will be removed from all participation until the payment is made.
- High school students participating in two or more sports in the same season will pay the standard fee ($275) for the first sport and $140 for any subsequent sports in the same season.
Order your Yearbook today!
The Community Corner
- Next Tuesday (Cohort A) and Friday (Cohort B), students will have the opportunity to participate in January’s Change Chat during their lunch periods. This month’s Change Chat will focus on goal setting; students will talk about goals we can set for our school to broaden our understanding of culture and community.
- Coming soon, 7th-grade students will have an opportunity to apply to serve on the Lakeview Leadership Team. The 7th-grade students who are selected will have a chance to develop the leadership team as we close out this year before taking on a larger role next year when they are 8th-graders.
- This coming Wednesday, Dr. Colette Dollarhide from The Ohio State University will host a virtual session with the staff as we continue our work to examine our building culture and the systems of support we are developing for students, staff, and families. Dr. Dollarhide has extensive research experience around social justice, school counseling, and melding those two topics together in support of students and families.
- In the coming weeks, staff will work on identifying actionable ideas from previous staff meetings and PD sessions and developing plans to put those ideas into practice.
- Families, if you have any ideas about what we could do in the building to support our students, staff, and families regarding their sense of belonging to the school community, please use the Family Feedback Form (linked below). As our students have heard throughout the year, our number-one goal is that every single one of our students, staff, and families feel welcomed and valued.
Updates from the Family Feedback Form
The Lakeview Family Feedback Form
Sign up for Meals on Virtual Days
Breakfast and lunch are free for ALL students on their virtual days!
The deadline to sign up for the week is Monday by 10am. If you would like to receive breakfast and lunch for the days your student is virtual, please click on the correct link to sign up. Remember that you need to sign up for this every week.
Virtual Learning Academy link - https://forms.gle/GDUD99SzVPxeKmG66
Cohort A link https://forms.gle/M3tMsDDnUdk12PWq8
Cohort B link https://forms.gle/51mAnzb5Mqbjs9Xv7