Expect Success for All!
What does it mean to you to be a Gator?
Karen Hickman is coming on Tuesday
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Karen Hickman is coming this Tuesday to meet with all of the certified staff to present the rubric for the reconstitution plan. Please be flexible. I will need to pull paras to help cover classes. We will meet in the data room. Here is the schedule:
12:30-1:05 - All special ed staff - Shauna, Marina, Tara and Tyra
1:05-1:45 - PK and Kinder Teachers - Stefanie and Yvonne, please have your paras cover your classroom. Laura Hernandez will cover Parker. Iris Pequeno will cover Towe. Eva Gonzalez will cover Duran. Zayra Juarez will cover Grizzaffi. A PF will cover Martinez-Salinas.
1:45-2:00 - Rebecca Bright
2:05 - PE and Fine Arts - Sharon, Danielle, Mary and Kady
2:20 - PFs - Andrea and Norma
2:40 - Counselor, nurse and DAIT - Liliana, Sylvia and Sharon
3:00 - Librarian - Vilma
3:30 - Grades 1-4
She did it! Sandra Munoz comes to work each day with a positive and upbeat attitude. That is helpful and amazing!
She did it! Maria Baez has helped out the cafeteria staff during their new kitchen orientation meetings. That is supportive and helpful.
They did it! The Gardens Staff has been working diligently to shift the culture and climate of the campus by being supportive and kind to their colleagues. That is amazing and tremendous!
If you have a fellow colleague you would like to share good things that you notice, please send their names my way.
Where are we?
Lindsey - Out Tuesday in the morning at math cross campus visits.
Out Wednesday all day at a principal meeting.
Cindy - Out Thursday at an intervention meeting,
This and That
Monday - College shirt and jeans
Tuesday - College shirt and jeans or patriotic shirt and jeans
Tutorials cancelled due to Hickman's visit
Veteran's Day program at 6:00 (We need to move our 2:00 Tuesday
performance due to Hickman's visit. Stay tuned for a new date and time.)
College night for PISD
Progress reports go home
Wednesday - College Shirt without jeans
First official day of tutorials
PTA superhero or PJ dress up day
Thursday - College Shirt without jeans
PK report cards go home
Thanksgiving lunches begin! Preorder your ticket
Friday - College or spirit shirt with jeans
2nd grade field trip
Thanksgiving lunches end
Things to remember:
1. The library is shut down due to Vilma packing up all of her books and materials.
2. Purge and pack! I threw out three carts loads of materials this weekend & it felt good!
3. The food drive is going on. Please donate a can or two of nonperishable food items.
4. Join PTA. They do so much for our campus. They pay for our field trips. Show that you support them by joining PTA. It is not too late!
5. Remember to come prepared to your team meetings. It is expected that you read the standards clarification pages prior to any meeting so you can come with ideas for anchor charts, stations, etc.
6. I need you to update the data room with your reading levels sometime this week.