G & T Summer Camps, 1000 + USCF
Learn, Train & Compete w/ Chess NYC's Best
G & T 2016 Summer Camps
A more competitive and sporting environment for chess players has proven to be life changing for those committed to play. While still Chess NYC FUN, this is a serious one, only those committed to successfully competing in the game of chess should enroll in this more rigorous opportunity. Day to day coaching will be supervised and implemented by GM Mark Paragua, Supported by Chess NYC Masters, Candidate Masters and Super Expert Coaches! Exciting special guests stop by too! A day or week of rigorous coaching, chess play and social time will prepare everyone to be their very (chess) best and provide a decided edge on the competition.
Several Important Program Notes
Last summer was an incredible success for G & T camps. With the perfect balance of Participants and Coaches, the program proved it's effectivity, as not only did many of NYC's top scholastic players participate, they realized significant improvement.
Summer 2015, included 15 - 20 players every day (one traveling from as far as Jamaica W.I,). enjoying closely monitored Coach to Student ratios throughout the summer. In order to ensure maximum results, these ratios will be strictly enforced for 2016 as well. (Please select your preferred dates here)
A unique strength in these Camps, beyond even its Grandmaster impact, is Community and the quality character and commitment to personal development of each and every attendee, both on and off the boards.
Interest grows and we wanted to open up these camps to you first. We hope you can join us even if it is only for a day or week...Or even the entire summer!
A Parents Perspective
* Pictured to the left, receiving recognition as the Central America and Caribbean U 10 Youth Chess Championship and...Jamaica's only gold medal and first ever in this competition!
"Thank you so very much for accepting David into your G &T camp, and for the very warm reception he received. He enjoyed every minute of the camp and his only wish is that he he could stay longer.
.......Again, thanks to you and your excellent coaching staff. David loved every moment with Chess NYC, and we will be back ( preferably when it's warm), but maybe a winter camp or spring break if not then summer 2016.
....Keep up the excellent work. Please give our heartfelt thank you to the coaching team : GM, Majur, Rebecca and our basketball star..."
- Summer 2015 G & T Camp Parent
Daily G & T Camp Schedule
- 9:00 - 10:00 Settle in, Open Play
- 10:00 - 11:30 - Lecture and Analysis
- 11:30 - 12:30 - Lunch, Station Play, Open Playground, GM Blitz Games & Analysis
- 12:30 - 2:30 - Game Analysis and Lecture
- 2:30 - 3:00 - Play w/ the Coaches
- 3:00 - 4:30 - USCF Rated Play (G30, D0) | Ice Cream Trip
- 4:30 - Free Play, Station Play, Open Playground
* Fridays the program participants along with the coaches will take a field trip to compete in the summer CIS tournaments.
G & T Camps Summer 2016 (Controlled Enrollment)
G & T Summer Camp Location:
- Chelsea Prep, PS 33 - 281 9th Ave, NY, NY (5th Grade National Championship Program)
- Day - $125
- Week - $445
- Summer - $2499
G & T Summer Camp Dates:
- 7/5 - 7/8
- 7/11 - 7/15
- 7/18 - 7/22
- 7/25 - 7/29
- 8/1 - 8/5
- 8/8 -12
- 8/15 - 19
- 8/22 - 8/26 - Location TBA