Lakeview Patriot Newsletter
for the LCHS Community - "More than a Diploma..." 8/23/21
MARK YOUR CALENDAR - EARLY RELEASE
Wednesday, Aug. 25th, 12:45pm
3505 Hayman Drive
FREE COVID-19 vaccine clinics will be available at GISD high schools Aug. 23 - Sept. 2. The FREE vaccine clinics are open to parents, students and staff from 8 – 11 a.m. at eight locations in GISD. The clinics are first come, first served; no appointments are needed. Please see the flyer below for more details.
LCHS PTSA membership is $10. The easiest way to join is online at www.joinPTA.org ($1.50 fee). Membership forms are available in the Main Office. If you use the form, print out a copy, fill it out, and place it with cash or a check made out to LCHS PTSA in an envelope in the PTSA box on the lower right below the teacher boxes.
VIRTUAL COLLEGE FAIR August 29
Dallas County Promise - FAFSA Information
PICTURES ***NEW DATES***
PLEASE MAKE PLANS FOR SCHOOL PICTURES! HERE ARE THE DATES....
November 1-2 start time 7:30AM
Contact Ms. Hand if you have questions
VIP pass open to Veterans and military
Veterans and active duty military can now join seniors 65+ to get a VIP pass for free entry to athletics and fine arts events. See below on how to get a pass.
Get a VIP pass for free general admission to GISD-hosted athletics events and Fine Arts performances.
Our VIP pass is available for:
- Seniors age 65 and older
- Active-duty military personnel
Through a partnership with Wylie ISD, your VIP pass also entitles you to free general admission to games and events hosted by Wylie ISD. Garland ISD's VIP pass and Wylie ISD's Gold Cards will be honored by both districts.
This gold card also grants access to exclusive district communications, making VIPs special insiders.
How to get your Garland ISD VIP pass
- Call 972-494-8580 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Bring a government-issued picture ID and one of the following, if applicable to your appointment:
A. Military or Veteran ID card
B. Veteran Health Identification card
D. Proof of Service letter
- Provide your contact information and get your picture taken.
- Receive your VIP pass.
Get free admission to games and performances
Use your pass to enjoy exciting athletic and fine art events hosted at district facilities. The VIP pass is good for general admission to all:
- In-district middle and high school regular season athletic events (no playoffs)
- Performances such as BandFest, theater musicals, GISD Children's Chorus performances and much more
Free admission is for the card bearer only. For more information, call:
- Athletics: 972-494-8588
- Fine Arts: 972-487-3172
Note: Guests must follow our Clear Bag Policy when attending middle and high school athletics events and fine arts performances.
VARSITY VOLLEYBALL - LC PATRIOTS @ CRANDALL
Tuesday, Aug. 24th, 5:30pm
13385 Farm to Market Road 3039
PATRIOT FOOTBALL - FRESHMAN AND JV @ ARLINGTON SAM HOUSTON
Wednesday, Aug. 25th, 5:30pm
2000 Sam Houston Drive
VARSITY FOOTBALL LC VS. ARLINGTON SAM HOUSTON
Thursday, Aug. 26th, 7pm
1000 Ballpark Way
GLOBE LIFE Spectator Information
All general admission parking lots (M, N, D, E, L) will be free of charge and will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff. THIRD BASE GATE WILL SERVE AS THE GENERAL ADMISSION ENTRANCE FOR LAKEVIEW CENTENNIAL FANS
*A ticket will be required to enter the stadium gates for guests.
*On-site ticket options to be available to guests at both GA entry points
- Cash options at both General Admission for guests
- Walkthrough metal detector screenings will take place at both entry gates
- Guest bags and purses must be soft sided and not exceed 16” x 16” x 8”. Backpacks are prohibited, except for single compartment drawstring bags that do not exceed 16” x 16” x 8”.
- Exceptions are for those that are carried for medical reasons or manufactured diaper bags that accompany infants and young children.
- All bags are subject to search before entering Globe Life Park.
Safety and Security
- ID Badges should worn and visible at all times. All students will receive a school ID Badge when school pictures are taken, until then students may wear last year's.
- Visitors should report to the Secure Vestibule in the front of the school for screening.
- It is also expected that each of us report anything that may makes our school unsafe, either by contacting the SRO Officers at LC, the counselors, the teachers, the administrators or any staff member immediately when a concern arises. If a person wishes to remain anonymous, concerns may be reported by using this Anonymous Alert Form.
- We expect all Patriots at LC to be safe and enjoy everything about LCHS this year. Please know all of Garland ISD, LC Administration, Faculty and Staff work hard to ensure everyone in the LCHS Patriot Community stays safe each and every day.