An Italian Artist of the Renaissance
Michelangelo was born on March 6, 1475. He was considered one of the most popular artists of the Renaissance, but he wasn't just an artist, he was also an architect, poet, and sculpture. Michelangelo never married, but was very successful in his career. Michelangelo died February 18, 1564.
The David, a sculpture by Michelangelo.
Michelangelo carved and sculpted many sculptures and statues. This specific sculpture was a representation of David from the Bible.
- Nicknamed "The Divine One"
- He carved the David out of a discarded block of marble
- He kept working until the day he died
- He designed military fortifications for the city of Florence
For more fun facts, click the link above!!
Michelangelo had three other brothers but there aren't any portrait records of them.
- Michelangelo painted many paintings relating to the bible.
- Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel.
- Michelangelo was considered to be one of the greatest artists of the Italian Renaissance.
- Michelangelo carved and sculpted "The David".
- He painted pieces of art for nine different Catholic Churches.
- Michelangelo carved the "Madonna of Stairs".