February 16, 2016
- To Tanya and Chandra for all the work they have done and are doing with moving to the portables.
- To Donna, Nesta, Anna, Sophie, and Vanessa for giving their time to help with the move to the portables.
- To Sheri and Trina for all their work building the shelving for the portables.
- To Karen G and Cheryl for sharing a room so collaboratively, and to Karen for managing her many music 'room' transitions so graciously.
- To Betty for overseeing many of the logistics and details around the moves.
- To Kaye for cleaning the portables in preparation for the big move in.
- To the maintenance folks (Terry, Troy, and Dale) for moving the big stuff (including the risers).
- To Carole and Heidi for making the very best of running K programs in a small space for 2 years!
- To Jan and Marica for their valuable presentations today!
Was there a memo?
Update on the Staff Room
- This time of the year is an optimal learning time for children in kindergarten. If you've ever worked with K kids, you can attest to how long they need to prepare for, learn and rehearse new patterns for routines. A lot of instructional minutes would be lost at a key time of year, so we considered staying put might be in the best interest of the FI K kids.
- There are a lot of unknowns right now. We just started the budget process for next year by handing in the enrolment projections today. A lot can happen between February and June as we gain clarity and understanding from the province and division. Therefore, Carole was informed she might move now, but be asked to move again at the end of June. Two moves in four and a half months is too much to ask.
In the end, a collaborative decision was made for FI K to remain where it is for the last four months of this school year. Having said that, we anticipate putting tables and chairs in Chandra's old B den classroom, so staff members have a place to meet any time and to eat, visit and relax.
Super Signs of Literacy... All in One Classroom!!
So, whose room is it? The answer is hiding in the picture below.
Early Years Task Force - Talking Points
The purpose of our task force is to provide advice and input for recommendations that will go forward to the Superintendent's team.
Looking at how to provide best consistent and equitable services to our early learners.
Talking about best practices and common beliefs.
Developing a strong approach and vision for early learning & the impact it has through to grade 12
A systemic approach, including a need for understanding and support at all levels, including superintendency and board members
Creating a foundational learning experience where students can think critically & be great problem solvers
Implementing intentional processes of how we can engage the community