Flour Bluff Elementary
Week of April 27th
Learning at Home: Week Six
With so much uncertainty, it is taking time to make decisions. Many decisions need to be made as a district for consistency, while others are more individualized to the needs of the campus. I will do my best to keep you updated on all of these things in a timely nature as best I can. Here are the things I can update you on at this time.
- Any testing (Gifted, Dyslexia, Special Education) is on hold until a time that it is safe to do it in person.
- Library Books may be dropped off at the Elementary on Mondays from 10-11 or to book drop boxes that will be located throughout the district in the near future.
- If dropping off books to Mrs. Browning on Mondays, if possible, please put them in your trunk and she will remove them from there. This is a safer method for collection.
- Teachers are scheduled on a social distancing schedule over the next three weeks to clean out their classrooms.
- After ALL teachers have cleaned out rooms, parents will be able to pick up any student items. They will be prepared in bags labeled by the teacher with the student's name.
- This student belonging pick up will be scheduled during the weeks of May 11th and May 18th. If there is anything in particular you would like of your students that may be in the classroom, make sure you communicate this to your child's teacher.
- We missed Spring pictures and we haven't received class pictures yet. We should, hopefully, have the class pictures to add to your child's things by the end of May.
- The Yearbook printing company is closed. They will start production of our yearbook when it reopens. Once we get them (it won't be by the end of the year), we will send out a message for pick up.
Thank you again for all of your support and hard work during this time. It doesn't go unnoticed.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Spirit Week Activities
Positivity Project & Announcements
Connection & Purpose
You have beliefs about the meaning of life and your life's purpose.
You seek to be part of something greater than yourself.
Monday: What is Purpose and Connection?
Tuesday: What is Your Purpose?
Wednesday: What is Passion? How does it connect you to a bigger purpose?
Thursday: What is Your Passion and how does that help with your purpose?
Friday: Turning Passion into Purpose
See your school email or email teacher or Dr. Youngberg for access to announcements.
Lessons for the Week of April 27th
Specialized classrooms will send individualized lessons for their classes to parents. Please contact your child's special education teacher or intervention teacher for more details.
GT classrooms will have additional enrichment activities on their teachers Google Classrooms.
Students unable to complete the lessons below, and not receiving already modified plans, may be eligible for an alternate lesson plan. Teachers will contact parents or parents may also contact teachers if this is needed.