The Wave by Todd Strasser
What to do?
Read the following quotes and choose TWO of them.
Relate each quote to events that happened in the novel The Wave. How is it connected to The Wave? (100-120 words each)
For each quote, write a few sentences about the person you are quoting. You may copy facts and numbers, but otherwise you need to use your own words!
Please copy the quote before you start writing.
Read the quotes:
1. The world must know what happened, and never forget. (General Eisenhower - while visiting Nazi death camps in 1945)
2. There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. (Elie Wiesel)
3. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)
4. Never do anything against your conscience even if the state demands it.
5. You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it. (Malcolm X)
6. If everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking. (George Patton)
Who are they?
Have you found one yet? connected it to the book?
7. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit
down and listen. (Winston Churchill)
8. He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. (Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil)
9. Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd. (Bertrand Russell)
10. There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. (W. Clement Stone)
11. To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.” (Bono)
12. Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. (John F. Kennedy)