Patrick Henry Post
April 8th, 2022
Welcome to April!
Highlights around Patrick Henry
Highlight on MAP Test Preparations
Thank you, St. Louis Police Department!
- If you see a gun, do not touch it!
- If you see a gun, tell an adult
- If a gun is left out where people can touch it, it is not a safe place
- Call 911 if you see a gun or hear gunshots or feel unsafe
- Tell your parents that they can get a free gun lock from the St. Louis Police Department at any time, free of charge
Thank you to Detective Hayes and her team for coming to Patrick Henry to keep us safe and informed! Thank you to all of our students for being such good listeners and asking excellent questions!
Celebrating March Attendance
Students with 100% Attendance for March
- Janiya Jamison
- Lynette Browder
- Aiden Perkins
- Rayshaun Shaw
- Zurrell Harris
- Phlaysia Robinson
- Deon Sanders
- Anthony Chatman
- Nova Young
- Kaje Bonner
- Kaidyn McCoy
- Zar'mon Wilson
- Josiah Carter
- Shaq Bonner
- Jayden White
- Emmori Williams
- Cherish Brumfield
- Terriona Brumfield
Highlight on Jayla Rivers and Jaleah Andre
Highlight on Reading Moments
We also received a delivery of brand new books for our classroom libraries and we cannot wait to see how our teachers put them to good use with their students!
Highlights from the Garden
The Spire Resource Market at Patrick Henry
A special thank you goes out to the Patrick Henry staff for making this event and room possible. A few specific thank you notes:
- The Patrick Henry Leadership Team put forth an immense effort of physical labor to convert this space in just a few days time. This was not an easy endeavor, but it was done out of love and service to our families. Ms. Webb, Ms. Harris, Ms. Gregory, Ms. Jones, and Ms. Smith are incredibly strong women who used their power for good this week!
- The Patrick Henry substitute team took over just about every lunch duty, classroom duty, office duty, and door duty that we have so that everyone could help prepare this room in time for the ribbon cutting. They also helped with the physical set up of the room and covered classes during the ceremony!
- The Patrick Henry teachers ensured this event was possible by doing what they do best: working with their students, ensuring a quiet day during the ribbon cutting ceremony, and focusing on academics with their children!
- The Patrick Henry office staff, the support team, and those teachers without a classroom made sure our school was looking its absolute finest while the news crews were in the building and the visitors were around. Our school is always so beautifully kept, but it is always special to make your home shine when company comes over to visit, and our staff stepped up as usual!
Highlight on the Patrick Henry Staff
Ms. Teska played with her two new puppies and had a great week off with her own children!
Ms. Jackson got dressed up for a concert at Stifel Theatre just down the street from Patrick Henry!
Ms. Willard got to see an historic Opening Day as Molina, Pujols, and Wainwright start one more epic season together!
Let's Go BLUES!
The staff got to bring friends, family members, and loved ones to the Blues game and we even brought home the W!
How often is this team going to dress alike??