Tuesday, August 2nd, (Parent Edition)
Welcome Back: Love, Learn, Grow
Welcome to another great year at Nesbit!
Our theme for the 2022-2023 school year is, Learn, Love, Grow! Nesbit will continue our commitment and dedication to providing a supportive school community. Nesbit Elementary will continue to provide high quality instruction and accelerate learning. The Nesbit family will continue to C.A.R.E. I look forward to the Nesbit Family supporting each and every student to achieve success this school year! We are a Nesbit Family as we Learn, Love, and Grow this year!
As we provide the best learning opportunities for your child this year, we ask for your support in reviewing the following information:
Students should be dropped off in the car rider lane no earlier than 7:35 a.m. There is no adult supervision for students before this time. For the safety of all students, we kindly ask that all cell phone use be discontinued upon entering the car rider lane.
Car riders may only be dropped off and picked up at the designated location which is the back entrance to the school. Students arriving after 8:15 a.m. must be walked into the building by an adult.
There will be no student check-outs after 2:15 p.m. in order to provide a safe and timely dismissal for all students.
Changes in afternoon transportation should be made in advance. Telephone requests for changes in student transportation arrangements will not be honored. Please send a written note with a phone number from the parent or guardian. The note should be brought to the front office by the child to be signed and verified by a school official. If no note is received, the teacher will follow regular transportation procedures for the child. If a change must occur during the day, you will need to email or fax the school a written note (a picture copy of the written note must be sent as an attachment in the email) indicating the change and must include a picture copy of our driver’s license on the email or fax. After you have emailed or faxed the note, please call the school to ensure that the email or fax was received. All emails must be sent to Kelly Anastasie at Kelly.Anastasie@gcpsk12.org.
School dismissal is at 2:45 p.m. Car riders must be picked up before 3:05 p.m. After this time, car riders will be taken to the front office for parent contact. For the safety of all students, we kindly ask that all cell phone use be discontinued upon entering the car rider lane.
The Gwinnett County Public Schools Transportation Department works with local schools to ensure bus safety for all students. To help your child have a successful experience, please review the following information:
1) Make sure your child knows his/her bus stop location and time of pick-up.
2) Allow extra time during the first few weeks of school for your child to be dropped off at his/her bus stop. Bus drivers will carefully verify the names of all student bus riders and review bus safety rules.
3) Gwinnett County Public Schools Transportation Procedure: For student safety, students can only have 1 transportation dismissal tag (bus rider, car rider or day care rider.) If a student has another form of transportation, a written parent note must be provided EVERY DAY the student’s transportation changes from the dismissal tag. The student will then receive a bus rider, car rider, or day care rider pass.
We are looking forward to a wonderful 2022-2023 school year. To maximize instructional time with your child, teachers check their emails after student dismissal at 2:45 p.m. Our teachers and administrators are available for scheduled conferences as well as communication via ClassDojo or email. On behalf of the Nesbit Elementary School faculty and staff, I thank you for allowing us to provide your child with the best education possible. This will be the best year ever!
Dr. Marketa Myers
The 1st days of School
Parent Visitors in the Cafeteria
- Pre=K, Kindergarten, 2nd, and 4th grade parents may eat lunch with students on the 2nd and 4th weeks of the month.
- 1st, 3rd, and 5th grades may eat lunch with students on the 1st and 3rd week of the month.
Cafeteria Cost/ Free/ Reduced Lunch
Please be reminded that due to the expiration of USDA waivers, effective June 30, 2022, the School Nutrition Program will now transition to pre-pandemic operations.
While meals are no longer available at no charge to all students, GCPS has made a few changes to assist our students and families as we transition away from the USDA waivers.
If you think your child may qualify for free or reduced-price school meals, it is important to complete your School Meal Application this year, as federal funding to provide free meals for all students - regardless of income or application - ended on June 30, 2022.
· At Nesbit ES, all students will receive breakfast at no charge. (This year in GCPS all Title I schools will not charge students for breakfast).
· All students will be charged for lunch based on their current eligibility status (Free, Reduced, Full Pay).
· Meal Prices for lunch are as follows: Reduced - $.40 cents; ES Lunch - $2.25; MS/HS Lunch - $2.50
Free and Reduced Information:
· As a reminder, SY21-22 Free and Reduced eligibility status will carry over for the first 30 school days of SY23 (through 9/14).
· The online SY23 Free and Reduced application is now available