Summer Learning Challenge
Summer Fun Learning!
Hello Sequoyah Families!
We challenge you to continue your learning throughout the summer! Below are some suggestions to help our children continue to work on their mind, body and leadership skills throughout the summer.
The intent of this webpage is to provide families with resources to continue learning at home and continue to prepare them for the 2022-2023 school year and prevent summer learning loss.
Click the visual to learn more about the summer slide -->
Set Your Summer Goals
- Set a goal for the number of days you'll work on learning this summer.
- Track your daily activities and success.
- Spend at least 20 minutes working on your mind, body and health.
Mohawk students accessed and took their placement tests while in school. Direction on how to access the Lexia site can be found below.
FREE Summer Programs & Resources
Clinton-Macomb Public Library Summer Reading Program
~ Keyboarding Skills & Practice ~
TypingClub.com is an effective way to learn how to type. Keep practicing each lesson until you get all five stars. It really doesn't take much to learn, a few minutes a day for one to two weeks and you will be a pro!
You do not need to create an account. However, as you go through the lessons, you can create an optional profile in order to save your progress.
Click for instructions on how to log into Typing Club
Social Studies Enrichment
Other Enrichment Resources
Work on Your Body, Mind & Soul this Summer!
Coding and Digital Citizenship
- Smithsonian Museum for Kids with Tours and Activities
- Fine Arts Quizzes and Games
- KidSites - A link to the best art sites for kids on the web!
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra Virtual Music Classroom
- One Motion Drum Machine - Build your own drum beats!
- Chrome Music Lab - Create, build and play your own music!
Family Fun At Home
The Genius of Play
PBS - Family Fun
Social Emotional Learning
If your child is in need of some calming practices and techniques for emotional awareness, look no further! Click for tips and tricks to teach kids mindfulness and focused attention.
Collection of videos and activities to learn more about mindfulness.
In Person & Online Classes
Click below for brochure or visit: https://app.iclasspro.com/portal/troy123/camps/13