Room 3 News
March 25, 2013
What we will be learning
* Language Arts Unit 5: Week 1- Looking at the sky can teach us many things
- Vocabulary: lucky, scatter, discover, pale, mysterious, dusk, leaped
- Words to Know (read, spell, write): full, poor, another, climb, through, lucky, leaped
- Grammar/Mechanics: adjectives
- Phonics: noisy "r" spelled er, ir, ur. Spelling Words: her, bird, fur, fern, dirt, burn
- Skill: Cause and Effect
* Math- Addition and Subtraction Strategies to 20
- An Adjective Bag Homework Sheet will be coming home today . Please read the directions and return it by Thursday , March 28th .
- The girls will be providing snacks on Friday for our Bunny Brunch. Please send in finger food: little sandwiches, m & m's, carrot sticks, raisins etc. Please let me know what you will be sending.
- Foundation for Learning Drive is going on now!!! The FFL helps purchase computers for our classrooms, bulbs for our document cameras and projectors, IPads and IPods for additional grade levels and the media center, and so much more! Please donate today! Go to SSF Website for more information.
- Student Council is spearheading a campaign to bring awareness about families in need by participating in a basic necessities/food drive. We are supporting The San Diego Food Bank program by collecting items at Solana Santa Fe. We will be colecting can goods over a two week period starting March 25th and ending on April 5th. Items collected from SSF families will be stored in the front lobby.The council will be introducing the program and give further information during the morning assembly this Friday .
April 8th -12th: Spring Break
May 10th : First Grade Performance at 1:15
May 23rd : Open House (late afternoon)
Thank you for all your support. You are the BEST!