The Phoenix Post
Aspire K-12 Updates | Week Ending October 14th, 2022
In this Edition...
-Amazon Wishlist 💖
-Spirit Week 🎉
-Parent Teacher Conferences 🏫
-PD Friday 🔥
-K-12 Reminders ✔️
- Student Progress
- Picture Re-Take Day!
- MyHours Attendance
- Device & Material Pick-Up
-7th & 8th Grade Updates 😎
-9th-12th Grade News🖥️
-Resources Adoption Information📚
Aspire Amazon Wishlist! 💖
Principal's Corner 🍎
Greetings Aspire Families,
It was another amazing week at Aspire! Thank you to all of the families and students who participated in hands on learning. Please see the upcoming events posted below for all students in k-12.
If you have received a message from Destiny regarding fines, please disregard.
The system underwent an updated that impacted our student due dates, so please, disregard that message and we are working on a fix.
Please check you students Canvas courses for any upcoming examinations or district interims.
Trunk or Treat! Aspire is going to hold a Trunk or Treat on Friday, October 28th from 3:00pm-5:00pm. It is open to all full-time Aspire students and their families! Mark your calendars for this fun event!
As always, if you questions or concerns, please contact your administrator, Juliet Amara 7-12 and Laura Victor K-6 @ Aspire@dvusd.org .
Student Success Event!
Our special guest, Mark Breyer from the Husband and Wife Law team, will be at the Innovation Center and will deliver a short speech on overcoming obstacles and the power of positive communication! A light dinner will be served! Don't miss it!!
**This event has been updated to start at 5PM. A light dinner will be serve at 5pm, with our guest speaker beginning at 5:30pm**
Wed, Nov 16, 2022, 05:00 PM
20402 North 15th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Aspire T-Shirts For Sale 👕
Aspire: Trunk or Treat! 🎃
October 21st: ASVAB Assessment @ the Innovation Center 8:15am-11:30am
October 26th: PTSA General Meeting: at 5:00pm on Zoom
October 28th: Picture Make Day 11:00am-5:00pm
October 28th: Trunk or Treat @ the Innovation Center 3:00pm-5:00pm
November 8th: Choir begins for 4th-8th grade | 3:30-4:00PM
November 9th: Future Freshman Night | 5-6:30PM
November 16th: 7-12 Student Success Event - 5PM @ the Innovation Center!
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month
Born and educated in Spain, Severo Ochoa is a Hispanic scientist who is most famous for his Nobel Prize research on the bacterial enzyme, polynucleotide phosphorylate, which allowed scientists to synthesize RNA in controlled conditions.
He became the first Hispanic American to receive a Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine. Ochoa received an M.D. from the University of Madrid School of Medicine in 1929.
*Students in grades K-8 who are unable to demonstrate success (as determined by assessments and/or submitted coursework) are required to attend the synchronous instruction. This is a great way to support student academic growth. *
Picture Re-take Day!
Don't miss your chance to be included in the Aspire Yearbook!
- Picture re-take day will be Friday, October 28th, 2022 from 11:00 am till 5:00 pm
- Any students who would like their picture re-taken, or have not yet had their picture taken, are welcome to attend!
To purchase your student's pictures please utilize the link below:
- Use code EVTPWHVW8
Device & Q2 Materials Pick-Up
Device Pick-Up Hours:
Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM
If you have any questions or need to make other arrangements for picking up devices/materials, please contact us at Aspire@dvusd.org. We are here to help!
First Quarter Art Show 🎨
K-6 students have worked diligently on their art skills this Quarter! Click here to view the amazing work they have created!
Thank you to students for sharing your hard work and Mrs. G, our AMAZING art teacher, for putting this slideshow together!
Dr. Victor's Dreambox DoorDash! 🥪
Want lunch delivered to your home by Dr. Victor?! All you have to do is play DreamBox!
How it works:
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for every 5 DreamBox lessons that they complete each week up to 2 entries (for 10+ lessons)
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for completing 40 minutes of Amplify (K-5)/NoRedInk (6)
- Drawings will be held once at the end of the month.
- The student whose name is drawn will get to pick what they would like Dr. Victor to bring them for lunch. This will be coordinated with their parent/guardian.
We can't wait to celebrate students and their hard work!
Reach out to your classroom teacher if you have questions!
Birthday Shout-outs! 🎂 📢
Aspire is excited to offer different clubs to promote student social interaction and interests!
- Spanish Club had its first meeting this past Wednesday, and Jump Rope club is always a blast!
- Choir Club starts November 8th and will be held for all 4th-8th grade students please email Mr. Stanford or send a Canvas message with your students full name and grade if your student if interested email@example.com
7th & 8th Grade Updates😎
District Interim: Reading Assessment
7th & 8th graders will take the District Interim: Reading Assessment during their regular Zoom classes on Thursday, October 13th and Friday, October 14th. Reach out to Ms. Etzel with any question! Gina.Etzel@dvusd.org
9th-12th Grade News 🖥️
District Interim: Reading Assessment - ELA 1, 1H, 3, 3H, 5, 7
Please check your recent email from your student's ELA teacher (either Mrs. Harding or Mrs. Laningham) for dates/times these assessments are being held.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your student's ELA teacher!
ASVAB: Career Inventory Testing
Attention Juniors and Seniors!
Aspire is offering the ASVAB to all full-time Juniors and Seniors.
- The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) assessment helps students to learn more about career exploration and planning, in both civilian and military worlds of work.
- The test will take place on October 21st at 8:15am-11:30AM
- Please click here to sign up!
Attention Seniors! 🎓
Graduation is right around the corner! It is time to prepare for your big day by purchasing your cap, gown, and memorabilia as the Class of '23!
Act now to take advantage of limited time offers!!
Learning Lab 🖥️
The Learning Lab is up and running!
- Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
- Time: 2 PM-6 PM
- Location: Innovation Center
The Learning Lab will always be staffed by at least two full-time online teachers. To schedule a time to meet with a specific teacher for support, please reach out to them in Canvas!
Click here to view the calendar with Learning Lab availability for the semester!
In-Person District Assessments
For 22-23 School Year, some district assessments are required to be completed in-person by Aspire students. Click here for more information regarding District Assessments.
Upcoming Required In-Person Assessments:
- Biology 1 & 1 Honors | Africa Assessment - Oct. 18th or 20th
- World History 1 & 1 Honors | Fall DBQ - Oct. 19th or 20th
- HS Civics Test - Nov. 1st or 3rd
- US History 1 | Fall DBQ - Nov. 8th or 10th
- Anatomy 1 | Test 2 - Dec. 6th or 8th
If your child is enrolled in one of the above courses,
communication regarding these assessments has been sent out.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
Next General Meeting: Wednesday, October 26 at 5:00 on Zoom
- Open to all Aspire Families & Staff!
- Come with ideas of PTSA activities you'd like to see!
PTSA will be at the Trunk or Treat Night! Come introduce yourself to our PTSA board on October 28 from 3:00-5:00pm 🚗
Join the Aspire PTSA today! Use the QR code.
Family membership: $6
Business membership: $25