Hannum Happenings Parent Edition
August 24, 2021
CLICK HERE FOR TRANSLATION
Wednesday Aug 25 (day 5): Enjoy the day!
Thursday August 26 (day 1): Hannum School Open House 6:30-8:00
Friday August 27 (day 2): Enjoy the day!
Monday August 30 (day 3): MAP testing window begins
Tuesday August 31 (day 4): Enjoy the day!
Open House this Thursday!
- 6:30-6:45: Doors will open and you can go to your child's classroom.
- 6:45-7:05: The first presentation in the classroom.
- 7:05-7:20: Travel time to the next presentation, see support staff, PTA etc.
- 7:20-7:40: Second presentation in the classroom.
- 7:40-8:00: Travel time to see support staff, PTA etc
If you travel to and spend at least 24 hours at a state on the list then your child must quarantine for 7-10 days. A child can get a PCR test 2-3 days after returning and when given a negative result can return to school. 10 days if you do not wish to be tested and have no symptoms.
I am aware that this is an incredible inconvenience and I do not want to be the travel police either, but we have to do what we can to keep our kids as safe as possible. Going out of state and not reporting it to us, could lead to positive cases within our school.
Families will be notified if their child is found to have been in close contact with a CoVid positive case at school. Close contact is if your child is within 3 feet of this person for more than 15 minutes without a mask. The only time they would be considered close contact would be at lunch when students have masks off. The remainder of the school day, students have masks on. Mask breaks are less than 15 minutes.
If your child is found to be a close contact then they will have to quarantine for a period of time. More information will be given to you regarding your particular circumstances.
When students are quarantined, they will be given work for someone to pick up in the foyer of school. There will be a Hannum teacher online from 3:30-4:30 to assist with students that are home due to quarantine and are struggling with their work.
We had a very successful year last year with our case count, but as we know...we have all the students back now, so I would expect that we will have more cases, but if everyone follows the rules we can "stop the spread."
News from your Hannum PTA
Support the PTA and meet new people by becoming a member for just $5!! Don’t forget, you must be a paid PTA member to volunteer for classroom parties.
- Our 1st PTA meeting will take place Wednesday,September 8th at 5:30pm in the teacher’s lounge. The first part of the meeting will be about room reps for the year. Free babysitting will be available in the gym for all potty trained children.
- Save the Date: Friday, September 17: Ice Cream Social.
Details to follow in the next few weeks.
Keep your eyes out for information on Spirit Wear and Mask Sales.
If you would like updates on Hannum PTA events:
- "Like" Hannum PTA on Facebook
- Sign up for Remind text message alerts by entering 81010 and texting the message @hannumpta1
Opt in for your child to be CoVid tested and help "stop the spread'.
Please note the drop off locations and where you are allowed to park and get out of your car.