By: Madison Shropshire
Defining Mental Health
A person's mental health involves their emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It effects how a person thinks, feels, and how they act. It determines how they handle different situations with themselves and others.
Healthcare Professionals for Mental Health
- To Prescribe & Monitor Medication: primary care physicians, psychiatrists, psychiatric or mental health nurse practitioners.
- Therapy & Assessment: clinical psychologists, psychiatric or mental health nurses, school psychologists.
- Counseling: clinical social workers, counselors, pastoral counselors, peer specialists, social workers, psychiatric pharmacists.
Mental Health Agencies Near You
- Mental Health Association - Greensboro, NC
- Cone Health Behavioral Health Hospital - Greensboro, NC
- Guildford Diagnostic & Treatment - Greensboro, NC
Lets Talk About Mental Health
- Therapy & Assessment
- Medication monitoring and prescribing
Sources of Finances for Mental Health
- Coverage under family insurance
- Employer coverage
- COBRA (keeping health insurance after losing a job)
- Private Insurance