"THE GHOST OF THE FOREST"
Food and Habitat
- Kagu live in mountain forest,valleys and tropical forest.
- They live and eat on the ground. Kagu are carnivores,kagu eat snail,insects,spiders,earthworms,and lizards.
- Kagu usually spend the time underground.
- The kagu family is rhynochetidae.
- Kagu's diet are snail,soil,and leaf litter.
- Kagu are bird they have wing but their are flightless because they don't have enough power to fly. Kagu only weight 1.5 to 2.4 pounds.
- The length of a kagu is 22in(55cm).The way kagu's communicate with each other is by making bark nosies,hissing, and making rattling nosies.
- The color of a kagu is this grayish and blueish and there eyes are red and they have big heads. Kagu's can also live for 20 years.
(wiki,bbc world,san diego animals)
- Kagu beak are long, and their nostrils are raised, the kagu eat with their beaks. Kagu hunt their food in the ground.
- Kagu also hibernate. Kagu are very fast runners and they walk pretty funny.
- Females kagu lay pale brown eggs.
- Sometimes kagu chase another to intrude on a individual territories.
- At some point the kagu act wild and crazy.
- The kagu is their wings for gilding.
Why it's in danger
- The reason why the kagu are in danger is because humans kill them for food and to humans kill them to use a pets.
- Another reason why the kagu are in danger is humans kill them for hunting.
- The endangerment started in the early 1990's.
- The biggest threat for the kagus is dogs,cats,pigs,rats, and other animals.