Nick Gulo Period 7/8
- Examine and analyze financial records
- Maintain and analyze budget costs
- Develop, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems.
Average Hours/Working Schedule: 1 in 5 accountants works more than 40 hours a week. Accountants may have to work more hours during certain times of the year, such as at the end of the budget year or during tax season.
- Median Annual Wage in Illinois- $64,200
- The lowest 10% earned $40,000
- The highest 10% earned $112,000
Working Locations: In the city or the suburbs
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Time Management
Advancement Opportunities & Related Jobs
Advancement Opportunities: After you become an accountant you can work your way up and become a senior accountant, budget director, or a manager.
- Budget analysts
- Cost Estimators
- Financial Analysts
- Tax Examiners