5th Grade News
September 28 - October 1, 2021
Focus of the Week
MATH - I can compare and order decimals.
SCIENCE - I can explore the uses of energy.
SOCIAL STUDIES -I can analyze the causes and effects of events prior to the American Revolution.
If your student will be out for an extended period of time please let us know so that we can gather a work packet so that your student does not fall too far behind.
In the News!
Can you smell fall in the air? We can and it smells like corny dogs, fried Oreos, animals, butter sculptures, and carnival rides.
- Your student will be bringing home a Texas State Fair Ticket on Friday. Please email homeroom teacher if they will be out so that we can make sure that they receive their ticket. We do not have any extras if they loose them.
- Fair Day is October 4th!
Parent - Teacher Conferences
Parent - Teacher Conferences will be on (the week of) October 15th. More details coming soon.
What Can We Work on at Home?!?
You may have noticed that your student does not have daily homework. The only time a student should have homework is to make-up missed work from an absence or work that was not completed in class. Here are some suggestions if you want your student to have extra practice.
- Read daily for at least 20 minutes
- Practice fact fluency (multiplication & division)
- Log in to ClassLink and work on Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies in Education Galaxy, or check out Sora, our online digital library.
- Shirt colors - Maroon, white, grey, navy, and black
- Pants must be hemmed and no holes or tears - Jeans or uniform bottoms in black, navy or khaki.
- Practice good hygiene daily
- Not sure if it is in dress code? Check here