The Eagles' Nest
From The Principal
The final stretch of the school year is here! We appreciate the flexibility all of you have shown during our arrival and dismissal times. Please try to adhere to your child's drop off schedule. In the last few weeks, we've had some students arriving earlier than usual. I'm including the schedule below:
Kindergarten & 5th grade - 8:10 - 8:20, 3:10 - 3:20
1st grade & 4th grade - 8:20 - 8:30, 3:20 - 3:30
2nd grade & 3rd grade - 8:30 - 8:40, 3:30 - 3:40
Finally, we will have a new face on campus when we return. Ms. Jenna Carpenter will be moving to Maryland later this month; her last day is April 16. Mr. Thomas Lee will join the classroom on April 12 and take over instruction on April 19. We will miss Ms. Carpenter and wish her the best! Please join me in welcoming Mr. Lee to the Evergreen Family!
Important Dates & Reminders
April 5 - April 9 - Spring Break
April 14 - April 30 - CTP Testing Window
April 20 - STEAM projects due
April 21 - OPT Meeting @ 6:00 p.m.
April 22 - Earth Day
Health & Safety Reminders
- Please make sure you and your child are masked during arrivals.
- Please wear your mask during dismissal.
- If you arrive to carline early, please park until your arrival/dismissal time. This allows for carline to run smoothly.
- You may want to send a couple of extra masks with your child each day. While we always have disposable children's masks in the office, many students would prefer their own mask.
- If you or your child is being tested for COVID (due to an exposure or symptoms), please keep them at home until you receive the results.
- Thank you for your support in keeping everyone safe and our school open!
Photos Around Campus
On their trip around the world, kindergarten students learned about ancient Egyptians.
Dav Pilkey Visits
Fifth graders listen as Dav Pilkey describes his latest Dogman book.
Taking Advantage of Sunshine
Fourth graders meet with their Wonder book club on a nice sunny day.
Fifth graders worked on Apillera Collages. These detailed collages took a lot of time to create, but the end results were gorgeous!
First graders created multiple designs as part of their Incan rug. This two-part project required them to create designs, cut them out and add other details on a larger sheet of paper.
Many of the grade levels have been working on juggling with Mr. T in P.E.
OA second graders are learning how to put their knowledge of length and measurement to use by solving word problems!
OA second graders are learning how to use adjectives and putting their knowledge to use by creating silly sentences about dinosaurs!
Fourth graders played BINGO to practice their understanding of polygon characteristics.
An OPT SMORE will be in your inbox on Friday! Don't forget to check out all of the incredible events your academic support fee provides to our students.
Look for detailed information about each event in Friday Folders, email or on our FB page. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.