Don't Let Americans Take Mexico
Settlement of Texas
2. There was a lot more Americans compared to the Mexicans, so there was many cultural differences.
3. There was also a waste of resources. The Mexicans had to set up military bases in Texas and had to have men man it.
Texas War for Independence
2. When Texas became a part of Mexico, instead of coming up with a rational compromise, the Americans rebelled.
3. The Americans crushed the Mexicans in the war, without offering much in return after their major win, even though Mexico was a poor country.
War with Mexico/Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
2. The entire Mexican/American war was unfair, because the Mexicans were poorly armed and unprepared for a war this important.
3. History repeats itself, so if Americans buy land again near the borders, they may want to incorporate that land into the US over time, slowly diminishing the size of Mexico.