Join Carmel at MIXiii
Israel Innovation Conference - May 20 - 22, 2014
FinTech and Big Data Tracks - May 21st
The conference will take place at the Tel Aviv Fairgrounds on May 20th through 22nd, 2014. Carmel is organizing two targeted tracks for FinTech and Big Data on May 21st, and the conference’s goal is to expose attendees to Israel’s broad spectrum of activities and the ecosystem in which we operate, making Israel one of the largest global innovation hubs.
- IATI -- Israel's umbrella organization representing the various constituents of the nation's advanced technologies, be it high-tech, biomed, multi-national corporations, start-ups, incubators, accelerators, technology transfer offices of academic institutions, venture capital funds, service providers and more.
- The Office of Chief Scientist of the Israeli Ministry of Economy - the government arm in charge of the execution of government policy for the support of innovation and industrial R&D.
What YOU will gain from MIXiii:
- Previous successful conferences hosted over 7,000 industry players, engineers and scientists with approximately 1,500 participants from over 45 countries and an excess of 4,500 one-on-one meetings. Like previous years, companies from both sectors will exhibit their products and services in significantly expanded areas allowing for hands-one experience.
- Opportunity for local and global participants to explore the new age of innovation. It will be a unique occasion for the audience to participate in discussions, panels, product demonstrations, and networking opportunities for new business cooperation.
You can find more information here: http://mixiii.com/hitech.
Send your email, title, and phone number to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for a 400 NIS single day entrance discount!
IATI Israel Innovation Conference (MIXiii)
Tuesday, May 20th, 8am to Thursday, May 22nd, 7pm
Merkaz HaYeridim - Ganei HaTa'arucha, Tel Aviv, Israel
The FinTech track will focus on building category leaders, from funding options through partnerships, and lessons from Investors, Founders and Executives at established FinTech companies in Israel and abroad. The FinTech track will also feature innovative start-ups from the Israeli FinTech community.
14:00-14:10: Opening Remarks, Avi Zeevi, Co-Founder and General Partner at Carmel Ventures
14:10-14:40: Start-Up Presentations (5 Companies)
14:40-15:00: Keynote, Dan Yerushalmi, CIO & COO Bank Leumi: "From Whales to Jet Boats: How FinTech Startups Are Disrupting the Banking Industry"
15:00-15:30: Industry Panel, Opportunities and Funding Options in FinTech
- Dorel Blitz, Innovation Manager at Strategy Division, Bank Leumi
- Ornit Shinar, Head of Citi Basecamp TLV, Citi TLV
- Debbie Brackeen, Managing Director, Global Head, Innovation Network, Citi
- Amir Goldman, Managing Director, Susquehanna Growth Equity (SGE)
- Avi Zeevi, Co-Founder and General Partner, Carmel Ventures
15:30-16:00: Networking Break
16:00-16:30: Keynote, Debby Hopkins, Chief Innovation Officer at Citi: “Big Bank to Lean Start-Up – How Applying a Start-Up Mentality is Reshaping Traditional Banking”
16:30-17:10: Industry Panel, Building Leading FinTech Companies
Yuval Tal, Founder & President, Payoneer; Co-Founder, BorderFree
David Sosna, Founder & CEO, Personetics
Eileen Fagan, VP Innovation and Transformational Change Programs, Intuit
Avrom Gilbert, COO, Seeking Alpha
Yoni Assia, CEO & Founder, eToro
17:10-17:40: Keynote, Garry Lyons, Chief Innovation Officer at MasterCard: “How technology is disrupting commerce”
17:40-18:00: Q&A Session with Keynote Speakers
Big Data Track
The Big Data track will focus on understanding the infrastructure aspects of the field, and on examples of key verticals that rely on Big Data to create applications and meet business needs. The track will include talks from industry leaders as well as presentations from up and coming Big Data start-ups.
14:00-14:10: Opening Remarks, Ronen Nir, General Partner, Carmel Ventures
Big Data Infrastructure
14:10-14:30: Big Data - Why Storage Matters? Alan Atkinson, VP Storage, Dell
14:30-14:50: Patricia Florrissi, VP & Global Chief Technology Officer for Sales at EMC
14:50-15:10: Michael Kemelmakher, VP, Head of HANA Co-Innovation Lab, HPAi, SAP Labs Israel
15:10-15:40: Industry Panel
- Moderator: Ronen Nir, General Partner, Carmel Ventures
- Salil Deshpande, General Partner, Bain Capital
- Alan Atkinson, VP/GM Dell Storage
- Ofer Bengal, CEO RedisLabs
- William Vambenepe, Senior Product Manager, Google Cloud
- Patricia Florrissi, VP & Global Chief Technology Officer for Sales at EMC
15:30-16:00: Networking Break
16:00-16:20: Startup Presentations
eCommerce and Big Data
16:20-16:40: Steve Tadelis, Senior Director eBay Research Lab - Big Data and eCommerce
16:40-16:55: Startup Presentations
CyberSecurity and Big Data
16:55-17:15: What is a Data Scientist and What Do They Do?, Yael Villa, CEO - RSA Israel
17:15-17:30: Startup Presentations
Big Data in the Industrial Sector
17:30-17:45: Big Data in the Works - Itay Yogev, Advanced Analytics Director at Intel Corporation
17:45-18:00: TBD – Brad Surak, General Manager, Industrial Internet Programs at GE Global Research
VP, Head of HANA Co-Innovation Lab, HPAi at SAP Labs Israel
Vice President & Global Chief Technology Officer for Sales at EMC
VP/GM Storage at Dell
Founded in 2000, Carmel Ventures manages approximately $600M across three funds. As one of Israel’s top tier VC firms, we invest in Israeli or Israeli related early stage companies and build global category leaders. Carmel invests across a number of key market segments including: Software, New Enterprise Infrastructure, FinTech, Big Data, Digital Media, Consumer Applications and Semiconductors.
Our team approaches the investment as a proactive, hands-on endeavor. Carmel Ventures typically leads or co-leads investments and take an active role on the Board of Directors while keeping a low ratio of companies per partner. With strong M&A and IPO experience, the Carmel team has backed a disproportional share of Israel’s category leaders that generate over $50M in annual revenues, including: Outbrain, ironSource, Payoneer, myThings and more.