Compass Classroom News
December 19, 2014
- December 22 - January 2 - Winter Break - No School
Skills We Are Working On
- Thinking-Win-Win (compromising)
- Being a good friend
- Having a growth mindset
- Reading fluency
- Sight word reading
- Individual goal tracking. Right now we are tracking math and behavior
- Small group science - plants
- Small group social studies - citizenship - we completed this unit!
- Metacognition (thinking about your thinking) and Schema (everything you already know)
- Making Connections
- Following the writing process
- 6 Traits of Writing - especially Ideas and Organization
- Writing a personal narrative
- Third and fourth graders have been working on answering right there questions (the answers are right there in the text)
- Addition and subtraction fact fluency
- Repeated addition, arrays, and multiplication
Road Trip and Safety Plan
Please contact us with any questions!
Next Week's Specials Rotation
Monday - ArtTuesday - Leadership Skills
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - Class Parties
Friday - P.E.
Show and Tell
Students will bring the items to school, share them with their classmates in the Compass Classroom, and then invite a friend from their grade level classroom to share with them.
We are still sending home daily sheets that state your child's color and percentage of points for the day.
Our Goals for Students
1. We want them to be safe.
2. We want them to make friends.
3. We want them to learn.
It is important to us to have high, but realistic, expectations for students. We want them to get to be with their grade level class as much as possible - when they are ready. This timeline is different for each child in our class. Our school district's mission is "Preparing EACH student for a successful and meaningful life." This is something we are all striving and working for.