Miss Zimmerman's Classroom News
This Week In Review...
Reading Focus Points for this week were:
- I can describe characters in a story using physical (outside qualities) and emotional (inside qualities) traits
Homework: Students will also have a reading passage with questions they take home on Friday and have the responsibility to turn in completed the following Friday.
Reading log- 60 Minutes per Week - will come home each week and be due on Friday.
Math Focuses for this week:
- I can explain the relationship between multiplication and division.
- I can turn a division problem into a multiplication problem with an unknown factor.
We also got to play some awesome math games that the students made!
Writer’s Focus Points for this week were:
- I can write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
- I can introduce the topic or text I am writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
- The students also worked on publishing their opinion pieces by typing them.
- No School Monday, February 17th - President's Day