Thursday, August 17, 2017
PTO Scrip Program - Order Deadline: Friday, August 18th
There are 3 ways to purchase the cards: (PTO pays for the shipping of ALL options!)
- Use the form that came home with your child.
- Go online to www.shopwithscrip.com and create an account using our enrollment code: FAF8ED2321874. You may purchase cards through PrestoPay (PTO recommends that you watch the helpful video before your first time, after that it will be easy! After you have enrolled and receive an email stating "Please contact your scrip program coordinator and give them this number for the final PrestoPay approval step", please email email@example.com with your code. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP.
- Go online, enroll using the code in option 2, make your order and send a check in an envelope made payable to Brentwood PTO into the school.
**PrestoPay takes two days to complete the ordering process - keep that in mind if you want to get your order in before the deadline!**
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & DELAYED DISMISSAL FOR MONDAY!
Upcoming Solar Eclipse – On Monday, August 21 Indiana residents will be able to witness the amazing site of a Total Eclipse, where the moon will completely cover the sun. This will be the first Total Eclipse seen by the United States in 38 years. It will occur 1:30-3:30 p.m. with the total eclipse occurring around 2:24 p.m.
I am asking teachers to show this amazing event in their classrooms on the smartboard.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do watch the eclipse on the website in your classrooms.
- Do leave your blinds up so students can witness the darkness around them
- Do participate in activities before and after to learn about the eclipse.
- Don’t send students outside for recess - indoor recess only
- Don’t encourage students to look out the windows
** We will dismiss at 3:50pm on Monday. The eclipse should be over at 3:48pm so we will WAIT until 3:50pm.
School Pictures - Wednesday, August 23rd
If you would like to pay online for your pictures you may pre-pay on DMH Photographics website HERE. (Online order note: REMEMBER TO STILL COMPLETE AN ORDER FORM TO SEND IN ON PICTURE DAY. RECORD THE PREPAY ORDER NUMBER IN THE AREA PROVIDED ON THE FORM.)
Regardless of payment option: online, check or cash - an order form must be completed and sent in to your child's teacher BEFORE the time of their picture. Yearbook order forms will come home in February. Thanks!
Local educators help transform Honduran schools
Some central Indiana educators are starting the new school year with a brand new perspective. A group of educators, including our Principal, Mrs. Nicole Walker, spent time this summer helping teachers and students in Honduras through "HETO," which stands for "Heart in Education Teacher Outreach."
You can watch the video below, and find out more about HETO HERE.
Plainfield Community Schools: A Community of Values
Brentwood After-School Kickball Club
Permission slips are coming home (on red papers) that must be filled out and turned in no later than Friday, August 25th. This club is limited to 50 students. Please do not join this club if you are not interested or if you are unable to be picked up promptly outside Door 5 by 4:45 p.m.
Lexi O, Jason F, Jada L, Rylan S, Domink B, Carter B, Bryce R, Daelyn D, Payten J, Avarie C, Giana S, Jadrian M, Paxton P, Evan B, Oriona D, Aubree F, Dakota H, Cameron M, Victoria K, Theron W, Emily G, Connor P, Clara P, Avery T, Serenity K, Julie P, Jaylea T, D'Angelo C, Josiah R, Seyla R, Baylee W, Makayla W, Ayana A, Jaden O, Estelle M, Brennan L, Mikayla O, Kylee B, Ava B, Mariana L
Doors Open: 8:30 a.m.
Tardy Bell Rings: 8:50 a.m.
Dismissal: 3:50 p.m.
Address: 1630 Oliver Avenue, Plainfield, IN 46168
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Has Your Address Changed?
Have you moved recently? If your child rides the bus, we want to make sure your child is picked up on schedule and dropped off safely to your home. If you have changed addresses since you did the online registration in PowerSchool, we will need to have you fill out a transportation form so we can pass the information to the transportation department so your child's bus route can be updated.
You can find this form on our website. From the main page, click MENU, and then DOCUMENTS. Please return this form to the main office as soon as you can, so the appropriate changes can be made. Call us if you have any questions!
Car Rider Drop-Off Reminder
Youth Sports Info
Plainfield Youth Basketball Club
Sunday Showcase Clinics
- Aug. 20th, 6 - 7:15 p.m.
- Sept. 10th, 6 - 7:15 p.m.
- Sept. 24th, 6 - 7:15 p.m.
- Oct. 8th, 6 - 7:15 p.m
- Oct. 29th, 6 - 7:15 p.m.
(All dates and time are subject to change)
Where: Franklin Park, 7U on Field 4 & 8U on Field 3
The Sunday Showcase program is a baseball development program for the past 7+ years in Plainfield. These clinics allow the coaches to see your son play baseball on a field before tryouts. This helps build two teams per age group. Sunday Showcase tryouts will be in late February or early March of 2018. The games will be played in April & May on Sundays and some Saturdays. 6 year olds are welcome to try out for the 7 U team.
Reporting Absences to the Nurse
If you need to report a student absence please call 317-838-3652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
Your child's name and teacher
Your relationship to child
The reason your child will be out
The best way to reach you if the nurse has additional questions
Also, please direct any immunization questions you have to our nurse. She would love to answer your questions!
2017-2018 Lunch Prices
Please send lunch money in a marked envelope with your child to school when needed. This can be in the form of cash or check made out to "Brentwood Cafeteria". You may also fund your child's lunch account using eFunds or MyLunchMoney.com. Look for student sign up information on these online options to come home with your child the first week of school.
Thursday, August 17th
Kindergarten & New Parent Forum 6:00 p.m.
Plainfield High School Auditorium
Monday, August 21st
Parent Safety Mtg 5:30 p.m.
1st PTO Mtg of the Year 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, August 23rd
Thursday, August 24th
Donuts with Dads (Last Names A-M) 7:45 - 8:30 a.m.
Friday, August 25th
Donuts with Dads (Last Names N-Z) 7:45 - 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, August 29th
3rd Grade Parent Mtg 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 31st
Parent Title 1&3 Mtgs 10:00 a.m. or 5:30 p.m.
Monday, September 4th
Labor Day - No School
Friday, September 15th
Reptile Jim - PTO Free Event 6 p.m.
Tuesday, September 19th
Hot Skates Fundraiser 6-8 p.m.
Become a Brentwood Volunteer
1. Every volunteer, field trip chaperone, or classroom party volunteer must have a background check completed through PCSC. Many of your completed these forms when you enrolled your children online this year as the forms were included. If you still need to fill one out for this year please contact the office well in advance of your first visit to do this.
2. Every volunteer must also complete a PCSC Confidentiality Volunteer Agreement in the office upon their first time volunteering each year.
3. Every visitor to our building during school hours must check-in at the reception desk and be entered into our Safe Visitor system. The very fist time you visit you must have your Driver's License or State Issued ID Card which will be scanned into the computer. Most likely you will NOT need it again upon subsequent visits because the system stores your information. (However, should a glich appear in the system and it is required of you it would be more convenient on you if you had your ID with you.) Every visitor is photographed at the same time they are checked in upon their first visit also.
Thank you for your flexibility as we continue to learn this software during our second year of its use. We know your first priority, as ours in the office, is the safety of all of our children.
(Lunch Room visitors will sit at a specially designated table with only their child and therefore will only be checked into our Safe Visitor system (#3) above.) They are not required to complete steps 1-2 above unless they want to volunteer in a classroom or small group setting, chaperone a field trip, or help out at PTO run classroom parties or events.)
We Are Proud to Introduce Our New PTO Board
President, Gina Grimes
Co-presidents, Carol Mehl and Micki Stevens
Treasurer, Carrie Baker
Secretary, Shelly Smith
Financial Secretary, Sara Frisch
Social Director, Angela Smail
Donations Director, Amanda Scott
Please email email@example.com with any questions!
Kroger Community Rewards
Do you shop for groceries? Do you ever shop at Kroger?
Kroger is committed to helping our communities grow and prosper. Year after year, local schools, churches and other nonprofit organizations will earn millions of dollars through Kroger Community Rewards.
Kroger Community Rewards makes fund-raising easy..all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card!
Enroll TODAY by using our PTO # 74295 by clicking HERE.